Less Than 30fps ARK Survival Evolved

Bobb125

So ive been playing ark with a gtx 970 strix edition and only been getting 30 fps. Yesterday i was getting +60 fps.  I go into my gpu tweak and see that my graphics card is only running at 620 mhz!  I had an over clock setting of 1400 mhz and it didn't even try to get there.  Please leave any comments that might be usefull.  P.S I'm playing at 1080p and never come near the 3.5 vram of death sorta thing.  And the max overclock is 7010MHz. Is it because of Ark's latest update messing things up?  Its hard to see but in the top right there is the fps counter. 56b83f90e663d_ARKISSUES.thumb.png.3979f8

1. People still play that? What about the hackers/douchebags?

2. The few times I played it with my GTX 970 it ran that badly on minimum settings so yeah....its still badly optimized for any graphics card.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Have you tried restarting your PC since seeing your card running at 620Mhz? I had a time that my card wouldn't go over 400Mhz but after restarting it was fine.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

Yesterday it was running +60fps and hitting a clock of 1300-1400MHz.

5 minutes ago, Bobb125 said:

thank you guys i went into panic mode and didn't think to do the basics. :)

haha its happened to all of us:)

Yea, sometimes the OC software derps out a restart of the software or computer can fix.. Sometimes if your lucky just changing profiles will fix it.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

39 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

1. People still play that? What about the hackers/douchebags?

2. The few times I played it with my GTX 970 it ran that badly on minimum settings so yeah....its still badly optimized for any graphics card.

1. Playing on an own Server or a Whitelistet Community Server ;D 

2. Yeah the game is not optimized, my r9 290 with highest textures, AA only on middle and get 45 - 80 fps most of the time (PS: and it run 24/7 with 100% used 4GB VRAM, I'm a bit confused that you don't reach ypur limit with a GTX 970) but I disable many other graphical features because of the huge performance loss (and some of them are really over used) some parameter are manipulated via RadeonPro/SweetFX (Bloom, Curves, Light ....)

the bandwith of the last .5 of a gig is like 1/27 times slower if that makes sense.  If you were playing at 4k then you would hit that then the game would start to become laggier. Just search for 3.5gb gtx970 on linustechtips youtube channel and they will tell you more. To answer your question Narnash