G.Skill Ripjaws V vs. Trident Z

What do you define as better overall? Performance, Price, Aesthetics? What kind of feedback are you looking for? Also for a better comparison please provide more details such as the timings and frequency. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

There both the same, minus frequency and heatsink, which makes approximately nil difference unless you have a CPU bottleneck in which case the faster RAM will help.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

1 minute ago, Papakuma said:

What do you define as better overall? Performance, Price, Aesthetics? What kind of feedback are you looking for? Also for a better comparison please provide more details such as the timings and frequency. 

Disregarding the price, Which has the better performance overall? Aesthetics is somewhat of a 50/50 issue. In terms of frequency, I believe that 3,200 is the highest, numerically of course. 

Feedback that I have in mind: Top of the line performance while being efficient at the same time, the ability to play games without stuttering of course and lastly, the ability to create content such as video editing, video rendering, etc.

Performance will vary based on timings. Right now the timings are such that DDR4 at 3200 will perform about the same as DDR4 at 2200 due to the timing differences (lower speed has a better latency timing). The general consensus I have seen thus far is simply to buy what you can afford and what matches your system if you are so inclined...no need to chase the high frequency as the trade off in price to performance is not generally very good. 

For gaming, you generally want lower timings. For content creation, higher MHz helps immensely.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I went with the Ripjaws V F4-3000C15D-16GVR for my new system, as it was cheaper than the Trident Z at the time.  Plus, the all-red heat spreaders went better with my system theme.  I've been running it at 3200 for almost a month now.  I highly recommend it.

i never heard about Trident Z, i trust only g skill, corsair, king stone hyper x, a data. I will recommend using good brand and check the warranty they are giving.

17 hours ago, amit523dutta said:

i never heard about Trident Z, i trust only g skill, corsair, king stone hyper x, a data. I will recommend using good brand and check the warranty they are giving.

Trident Z is a high performance memory made by g.skill.