How can I get an online job easily?

UpcomingProGamer
Go to solution Solved by A Guy Eating Cereal,
15 minutes ago, UpcomingProGamer said:

<snip>

Or click on one of the links in youtube comments to get an on-line job that pays £6000/ week ....... *sarcasm!!!!*

Hello, 

I am 19 but never had an actual job, and I think it's time. I've been searching for an online job for a month already but haven't came across anything.

Does anyone know a way/place to easily get a job online without experience of coding, designing etc?

I thought about QA testing, which from my research it is basically just testing games for bugs, something I would love to do but couldn't find anything.

Any tips or placing I could try applying to?

<3

My goal is to take my dad on a trip outside of the U.S from the money I've collected in a few months :^)

4 minutes ago, UpcomingProGamer said:

Hello, 

I am 19 but never had an actual job, and I think it's time. I've been searching for an online job for a month already but haven't came across anything.

Does anyone know a way/place to easily get a job online without experience of coding, designing etc?

I thought about QA testing, which from my research it is basically just testing games for bugs, something I would love to do but couldn't find anything.

<3

My goal is to take my dad on a trip outside of the U.S from the money I've collected in a few months :^)

Getting an online job with no experience is going to be tough. You've had no jobs ever, at 19? You're at a severe disadvantage in the job market.

I suggest starting with getting a job locally. It's likely going to be a shitty job, like at a fast food restaurant, or local department store (WalMart, Grocery Store, etc).

I can't give you any tips to magically finding a good job without having literally any experience at all. If you're interested in coding specifically, then start by building a portfolio of work, while also getting whatever local job you can possibly get.

Potential employers will ask why you've never had a job before, why you don't currently work. Not having a job will show them you lack the commitment to hard work to do what is necessary (Eg: You work a shitty job, get experience, and then you can work a better job).

It's possible to skip all of that and land a good job right away, of course, but incredibly difficult and unlikely, and relies mostly on:

1. Sheer luck, or

2. You know a guy who basically just gives you a job

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

10 minutes ago, UpcomingProGamer said:

Hello, 

<3

I agree with the guy above, if you cant get anything go to a few local businesses and ask if you can shadow someone for work experience or even do some free work in order to get the experience! You cant just get a ob, ask some friends or people you know if there are any obs going at the places they work at, how i got my first 3 jobs :) 

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

15 minutes ago, UpcomingProGamer said:

<snip>

Or click on one of the links in youtube comments to get an on-line job that pays £6000/ week ....... *sarcasm!!!!*

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

A lot of those are typically scams. You'll loose more money through them than just leaving passwords everywhere.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Getting an online job with no experience is going to be tough. You've had no jobs ever, at 19? You're at a severe disadvantage in the job market.

I suggest starting with getting a job locally. It's likely going to be a shitty job, like at a fast food restaurant, or local department store (WalMart, Grocery Store, etc).

I can't give you any tips to magically finding a good job without having literally any experience at all. If you're interested in coding specifically, then start by building a portfolio of work, while also getting whatever local job you can possibly get.

Potential employers will ask why you've never had a job before, why you don't currently work. Not having a job will show them you lack the commitment to hard work to do what is necessary (Eg: You work a shitty job, get experience, and then you can work a better job).

It's possible to skip all of that and land a good job right away, of course, but incredibly difficult and unlikely, and relies mostly on:

1. Sheer luck, or

2. You know a guy who basically just gives you a job

I'm younger, but I work at a Kumon center. I recommenced looking around in your area to see if you have one, as it's a fun job and it should' be hard to get accepted. It's not a guaranteed income, but I also recommend (assuming that you're up to it considering you're on the Linus Tech Tips forum) doing some small consulting jobs with tech projects. If you start looking around, a lot of people will have little projects/tech questions that you can get paid for helping with. I'm probably not a very good person to ask, but that's what I've been doing.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

1 minute ago, tcolecruz said:

I'm younger, but I work at a Kumon center. I recommenced looking around in your area to see if you have one, as it's a fun job and it should' be hard to get accepted. It's not a guaranteed income, but I also recommend (assuming that you're up to it considering you're on the Linus Tech Tips forum) doing some small consulting jobs with tech projects. If you start looking around, a lot of people will have little projects/tech questions that you can get paid for helping with. I'm probably not a very good person to ask, but that's what I've been doing.

I think you quoted the wrong guy ;) I'm a full time IT technician with a great job :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

I think you quoted the wrong guy ;) I'm a full time IT technician with a great job :P

oh lol srry xD

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

3 hours ago, UpcomingProGamer said:

Hello, 

<3

Not to be a prude, but is there any reason why you can't get an offline job?

I mean, people don't hire off of good faith. You are technically an investment to whoever is going to hire you, and with no work experience, it's going to be tough to land a job that requires a LOT  of self-discipline. 

Also, I would consider your future. What job do you want to have when you are in your 30's or 40's? Are there any opportunities around you that will give you experience for that job? That would be a better option.

My advice would be to get a job working retail for a while. It's not glamorous, but at least you will get your foot in the door of the work world, and earn some cash while you are at it.

I hope I don't sound too critical, best of luck.