Wanting to upgrade to Win8 on an SSD

threadysparrow
Go to solution Solved by SteepGnomeKing,

It probably won't have better support for your SSD since windows 7 does everything that is needed anyways. All you really need on an SSD for long term performance is trim. There are small minor tweaks you can make but they hardly make a difference.

Have trim enabled and disable defragging and your set.

Some people said SSDs are better suited for Windows 8 because of it's better ability to detect your SSD and automatically configure Windows accordingly (TRIM enabled by default, disk defrag automatically hiding the SSD, indexing disabled by default). I do not know if this is true and I am going to need to do more research, but if it is then it is a sigh of relief because when I installed Windows 7 on my SSD, I had to manually set everything up (recycle bin properties, indexing, trim, ect) and I am not sure I did everything right because this was my first time ever using an SSD.

I already bought a physical copy of Windows 8 Pro upgrade, but I am waiting for 8.1 to come out before I load it up. However, if it still sucks and it doesn't have better support for an SSD, then I don't know if I am going to.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

You don't really need to configure anything special for Win7

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It probably won't have better support for your SSD since windows 7 does everything that is needed anyways. All you really need on an SSD for long term performance is trim. There are small minor tweaks you can make but they hardly make a difference.

Have trim enabled and disable defragging and your set.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd