Which Case to Get?

spartin503

I am going to get a new home for my computer. I was looking for a mid or full tower case. I came down to these three cases:

NZXT Phantom 410

Rosewill THOR v2

Corsair Vengeance C70

I was wonder what was the overall best case, and if you have another case that is around the same price that has front panel USB 3.0 and is under 160$, I would like to hear any suggestions.

Corsair Vengeance C70 is what i would go for :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Also I will have a couple of Windforce 7950's in there should I spend the extra money and get a couple fans for the side, front, and or top?

Also I will have a couple of Windforce 7950's in there should I spend the extra money and get a couple fans for the side, front, and or top?
if you want more airflow in your case then you can do that to cool your gpus.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Corsair Vengeance C70 is what i would go for :P
I agree. I've had a negative experience with a NZXT case in the past (NZXT Hades) and whenever I see Rosewill... I just think.... That's Newegg's brand. I'm not necessarily knocking Rosewill I just know that Corsair is the go-to for cases.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I propose fans on the side that way the cards are getting direct airflow beamed down onto them.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

You could get the new Fractal Design Arc Midi R2. I have the first one and its a great case for $110! Plus it also then leaves you room to buy a couple fans.

If you want something compact and nice build quality there is the new Fractal Design Arc Mini R2....or go for the R4 if you want more room.

or a Bitfenix Survivor, below should link you to a video if it...

http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/survivor

I would choose something with good build quality if you can afford it,

Zalman cases are ok if you want it cheaper. http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=493

I have a Z9 plus and its good for the price. does the job, but like i said if you want really good build quality you will have to pay for it.

got to love Asus components

the corsair 650D is on sale right now at ncix for 159.99 (obviously not including tax)

but honestly i think in terms of ascetics and overall functionality the 650D is far superior to the C70

that is if you don't mind going a little over budget for a kick ass case

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

C70 - love it and it's got proven reliability. It also accommodates 280mm radiators or more specifically the X60 if that's of use to you.

Corsair C70 for sure. I use one for my main rig and it's absolutely awesome. I'm constantly opening it up to mess with my rig and the build quality of it is just outstanding. All steel.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

• 2 weeks later...

^I'm looking for a case that is around 150-160$ not 250$.

I think there should be a posting guideline to include location and/or a website where you can purchase compoenents when asking for suggestions. Without that every post is just going to be replied to with the same cases over and over, at that point there should just be a sticky that just says "GET XX BRAND/CASE!!!!".

With that being said I'll assume you're in the US and theres an Arctic White C70 w/free shipping for $110 at Newegg, now that's a pretty compelling reason to choose it over the other cases.

either the phantom 410 or spend like 20$ more and get the OG phantom

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

corsair obsidian 800d or 900d
more than what he wants to spend bro

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I'd go for the C70. Corsair just makes great cases.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Would go for the C70 too.. although the fractal design define r4 has really good ventilation, and you can get it with a window now.. :)

(Comming soon)