Monitor with dual VGA input, how do I utilize it with what I have?

Diederik_Gr

So I got a crt monitor that is capable of doing some pretty high resolutions (2048 x 1536 @80Hz maximum). Problem is that this monitor has a dual VGA input and what I have available on my graphics card is one HDMI and one DP port. What is the best way to connect this monitor?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

4 minutes ago, Diederik_Gr said:

So I got a crt monitor that is capable of doing some pretty high resolutions (2048 x 1536 @80Hz maximum). Problem is that this monitor has a dual VGA input and what I have available on my graphics card is one HDMI and one DP port. What is the best way to connect this monitor?

adapter?

Just now, IsaacDaGrazin said:

adapter?

Which one(s)?

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

You should also have some DVI ports if we're talking about the Sapphire 290x Tri-X.

You could use a DVI to VGA adapter.

There are some Displayport to VGA adapters if you aren't able to use DVI.

Most GPUs come with an adapter, if that's not the case, you have to buy one.

BTW that's a nice monitor bruh!

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

A hdmi or DP to vga adapter obviously enough.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

4 minutes ago, pokechat8978 said:

You should also have some DVI ports if we're talking about the Sapphire 290x Tri-X.

You could use a DVI to VGA adapter.

They are used for driving my other monitors, I could free one of them. And use a HDMI to DVI for the other.

Also, this is a dual input monitor. More specific than just a single adapter like many suggest.

DisplayPort to VGA adapter is the best option... DP is designed to support cheap adapters to VGA. If you use DVI or HDMI to VGA it will be more expensive and less reliable.

Also there is no point in freeing up DVI ports, the R9 390X does not have any VGA capability so DVI-to-VGA adapters will not fit or work. To use your DVI ports you would need a signal converter, and it would be no different than using an HDMI to VGA converter instead.