Volume Mixer button disappeared

Jamdude
Go to solution Solved by desertcomputer,
1 minute ago, Jamdude said:

Reinstalling Windows just to get the Volume Mixer to pop back up?  Is that genuine advice?

Well yes ... if you go ask Microsoft support that they will tell you. Go installing a third party one will give you more features such has playing audio through two sources or separated. Currently i have deal with the fact the modern UI setting crap doesn't even work  and not able use bitlocker ... I have tried multi reinstall but in end after a few days of use it back again. It windows fault ... you could go post a bug report and see if they could fix your problem. 

Almost every time I restart my PC the Volume Mixer button isn't in the taskbar.  It is enabled in the settings to be shown and I know I can restart Explorer to make it appear but I'd rather not do that every time I restart my computer.  Is there a permanent fix?

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Third party volumer mixer? 

Magical Pineapples

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Third party volumer mixer? 

Nope, the standard Windows one, I'm using Windows 10.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

2 minutes ago, Jamdude said:

Almost every time I restart my PC the Volume Mixer button isn't in the taskbar.  It is enabled in the settings to be shown and I know I can restart Explorer to make it appear but I'd rather not do that every time I restart my computer.  Is there a permanent fix?

happened to me quite a few times.

restart your windows explorer in task manager and should come up.

but what i did was i roll backed to a previous restore point so :P

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1 minute ago, SeanAngelo said:

happened to me quite a few times.

restart your windows explorer in task manager and should come up.

but what i did was i roll backed to a previous restore point so :P

As I mentioned, it's quite annoying having to restart Explorer every time I restart my PC.  There must be something I can do other than go to a previous restore point.

10 hours ago, Jamdude said:

Nope, the standard Windows one, I'm using Windows 10.

I mean get a third party one ...

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

I mean get a third party one ...

I'd rather fix the problem than cover it up.

Just now, Jamdude said:

I'd rather fix the problem than cover it up.

Well if you want to try restore to previous build/point or reinstalling windows usually fixes this problems. 

Magical Pineapples

Well if you want to try restore to previous build/point or reinstalling windows usually fixes this problems. 

Reinstalling Windows just to get the Volume Mixer to pop back up?  Is that genuine advice?

1 minute ago, Jamdude said:

Well yes ... if you go ask Microsoft support that they will tell you. Go installing a third party one will give you more features such has playing audio through two sources or separated. Currently i have deal with the fact the modern UI setting crap doesn't even work  and not able use bitlocker ... I have tried multi reinstall but in end after a few days of use it back again. It windows fault ... you could go post a bug report and see if they could fix your problem. 

Magical Pineapples

Alright cheers, any third party ones you'd recommend?

6 minutes ago, Jamdude said:

Alright cheers, any third party ones you'd recommend?

I have tried both of these software here, both work as described, the only bad thing about the second is you have to place shortcut to startup folder as the other one has option to enabled. 

chevolume which has free version and also paid one but UI is better the open source one. 

I created a similar app that does exactly what CheVolume does, except this is free at least for now. I tried to make a public post about it here on /r/software, but apparently they don't allow any download links to unknown apps in a text post.

If you want to test it out, here's the download link.

Here's a simple gif to show how it's used.

Current limitations:

• The app currently works only in 64-bit OS and the minimum supported client is Windows 7
  • Metro apps not yet supported

For all feature requests/bugs/feedback, you can send me a pm. I highly appreciate all of them. The thread is now archived, so unfortunately you can't reply to it anymore.

Edit:

Version 0.5.2 of Audio Router released! Download it from the original link above.

Changelog:

• "System Sounds" tag will show properly on every supported OS version.

• The "0x88890008" initialization error (unsupported mix format specifically) should be now fixed. If not, or something else happens (no sound or not all speakers in the set play sound, for example), you can send me a PM.

Current known bugs:

• Scroll bars slightly cover other UI elements.

• The UI elements are repositioned wrongly sometimes when an update occurs.

• Long process names do not fit into the text area and are clipped off.

• Routing audio to a new device does not delete old audio sessions, so the windows volume mixer fills up with unused sessions.

• Audio Router crashes if the app closes while selecting a new device for its audio output

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/software/comments/3f3em6/is_there_a_alternative_to_chevolume/ 

Magical Pineapples