I Played CSGO For the First Time Tonight.

GigaSnow

My favorite eSports organization, which is OpTic Gaming, recently acquired a CS:GO team (along with CoD foes FaZe). I saw the game was on the latest Steam sale, I bought the entire CS bundle for $7.50.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, although I suck. I figured if my favorite org was jumping into the ring then I should too.

Basically, I'm making this thread to ask what the eSports breakdown of CSGO is. I only know Call of Duty, but I want to expand my horizons a bit. Who are the best teams and players? Best regions? I'm interested in any and all info.

well it was fanatic but they recently lost their invitation to the next major tournament so its in a transition period right now. there was also drama that led to some other highly ranked teams disbanding and roster changes. so i have no idea who the best team is right now.

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

1 minute ago, ITheSpazI said:

well it was fanatic but they recently lost their invitation to the next major tournament so its in a transition period right now. there was also drama that led to some other highly ranked teams disbanding and roster changes. so i have no idea who the best team is right now.

I had heard through the vine something about match fixing? 

Just now, GigaSnow said:

yeah some of the team would throw an easy match that they bet against themselves to win to make a shit ton of money.  Titan disbanded i guess because they went bankrupt after one of their players was VAC banned mid tournament game and alot of sponsor dropped them 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

3 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

yeah some of the team would throw an easy match that they bet against themselves to win to make a shit ton of money.  Titan disbanded i guess because they went bankrupt after one of their players was VAC banned mid tournament game and alot of sponsor dropped them 

I had heard about that.

That's too bad that it happened.

4 minutes ago, GigaSnow said:

You must mean iBuyPower? Yeah, they got banned for throwing a game for skins. Shame since they were a great team in the competitive scene, and they were probably the best NA team so far that could take on the big European teams like EnVyUs and Fnatic. Out of the five, four got perma banned and one joined Cloud 9.

Best teams I would say are EnVyUs ands Fnatic. Virtus Pro has been playing a bit lacklustre lately but they're still a good team overall.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, HKZeroFive said:

You must mean iBuyPower? Yeah, they got banned for throwing a game for skins. Shame since they were a great team in the competitive scene, and they were probably the best NA team so far that could take on the big European teams like EnVyUs and Fnatic. Out of the five, four got perma banned and one joined Cloud 9.

Best teams I would say are EnVyUs ands Fnatic. Virtus Pro has been playing a bit lacklustre lately but they're still a good team overall.

Just in general, I didn't really know who was doing it.

I guess I didn't realize that nV is an EU team. I always thought of them as NA, but I guess that's only because I know them from CoD. 

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

1 minute ago, GigaSnow said:

Just in general, I didn't really know who was doing it.

I guess I didn't realize that nV is an EU team. I always thought of them as NA, but I guess that's only because I know them from CoD. 

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

You're right in the sense that they're a NA organisation but they acquired the members from French team LDLC, which effectively makes them a European based team. Similar to what FaZe did with the previous G2 team, they simply just acquired a European team.

But I seriously can't wait for FaZe stickers to start coming out.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

You're right in the sense that they're a NA organisation but they acquired the members from French team LDLC, which effectively makes them a European based team. Similar to what FaZe did with the previous G2 team, they simply just acquired a European team.

MLG Faze souvenir drops.

MLG Faze Dragon Lore incoming!

so are the COD players from Faze just playing COD now or are there new players coming in 

37 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

so are the COD players from Faze just playing COD now or are there new players coming in 

FaZe got a CSGO team from somewhere. Their CoD team still plays CoD

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Ahh, okay that makes sense. 

I know that TmarTn was part owner at one point, not sure if he still is or not. They should be fun to watch play CSGO

Best Teams atm: 1. Fnatic 2.Navi 3.Luminosity 4.Envyus 5. Astralis.

Fnatic Players: Olofmeister, KrimZ, Flusha, JW, and Dennis.

NaVi players: Flamie, Edward, GuardiaN, Zeus, and Seized.

Luminosity Players: Fallen, Coldzera, Taco, Fer, and FNX. ( in my opinion )

Envyus: Ki0shima, Kenny S, Happy, apEX, and NBK 

Astralis: Karrigan, Dupreeh, Device, CajunB, and Xyp9x

Those are the best teams. You can find each player's individual role in the team using this website. http://wiki.teamliquid.net/counterstrike/Main_Page. This also provides a lot of info on the teams too. 

http://www.hltv.org/ranking/teams/ (Team Rankings)

This is not meant to insult you but the Optic CSGO team isnt very good compared to other teams. They are in my opinion tier 2 NA team.

15 hours ago, ITheSpazI said:

when did Fnatic lose? and who did they lose it to? last time i checked, they won numerous 1st places for a while now

when did Fnatic lose? and who did they lose it to? last time i checked, they won numerous 1st places for a while now

i think they actually lost to a couple teams because they didn't place high enough to get an invite in the last tournament. idk who or how 

24 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

i think they actually lost to a couple teams because they didn't place high enough to get an invite in the last tournament. idk who or how 

last time i remember they only lost to envy at cluj but after that, they were on fire. they are on a 5 win streak atm

idk i haven't seen a competitive game since all the shit went down cause it kind of ruined it for me

5 hours ago, Zhuocheng said:

Best Teams atm: 1. Fnatic 2.Navi 3.Luminosity 4.Envyus 5. Astralis.

Fnatic Players: Olofmeister, KrimZ, Flusha, JW, and Dennis.

NaVi players: Flamie, Edward, GuardiaN, Zeus, and Seized.

Luminosity Players: Fallen, Coldzera, Taco, Fer, and FNX. ( in my opinion )

Envyus: Ki0shima, Kenny S, Happy, apEX, and NBK 

Astralis: Karrigan, Dupreeh, Device, CajunB, and Xyp9x

Those are the best teams. You can find each player's individual role in the team using this website. http://wiki.teamliquid.net/counterstrike/Main_Page. This also provides a lot of info on the teams too. 

http://www.hltv.org/ranking/teams/ (Team Rankings)

This is not meant to insult you but the Optic CSGO team isnt very good compared to other teams. They are in my opinion tier 2 NA team.

No insult taken :)

They won a tournament shortly after joining OpTic, but haven't won anything since. They are my favorite, but I certainly don't want to pretend they are the best when they aren't.

Thanks for the info!

I'm such a newb at this game, I don't understand it much yet, but that doesn't mean it's not incredibly fun to play.

Are there any good beginner guides out there? 

I should mention, I'm not aiming to be pro, just competent. 

Reading guides is very superficial for a beginner. I mean, there is WarOwl but he is so patronising and some of the information will only help you succeed at lower ranks rather than higher.

I'd really recommend you just DM, DM, DM. (deathmatching) And do it a lot, like instead of playing two or three games a night, play one and deathmatch for 40-50 minutes straight. You'll be getting pounded but your aim should improve over time to be decent - then just use your aim to win yourself games in lower ranks (you could keep doing this method, and get global if you really tried).

Honestly, don't put too much effort into improving anything except aim and comm skills as MM/Faceit/ESEA requires barely any team-based skill at all, so don't be looking at many steeltv guides until you've got yourself a buddy or a team.

WarOwl: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheWarOwl

steeltv: https://www.youtube.com/user/JoshNissanCS

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2016 at 5:44 PM, GigaSnow said:

My favorite eSports organization, which is OpTic Gaming, recently acquired a CS:GO team (along with CoD foes FaZe). I saw the game was on the latest Steam sale, I bought the entire CS bundle for $7.50.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed playing it, although I suck. I figured if my favorite org was jumping into the ring then I should too.

Basically, I'm making this thread to ask what the eSports breakdown of CSGO is. I only know Call of Duty, but I want to expand my horizons a bit. Who are the best teams and players? Best regions? I'm interested in any and all info.

Welcome to the club, have a cookie.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯