Enabling Two Factor Authentication on LTT Account w/ Steam?

RezidentSeagull
Go to solution Solved by Marcus_UK,

When you sign up through steam an account gets created here, you steam password does NOT get sent here and this site does not know your password, you should have been asked to create a "Local" password when you signed up, if you didn't you should be able to go into your account settings and create a password. Once you have a password for this forum, Two Factor Authentication should then work.

I'm trying to enable Two Factor Authentication on my account using Google Authenticator, and currently when I enter my password to set it up it says it's the wrong password.

For reference, I log into the LTT forums using Steam. Is that causing an issue with setting up Two Factor Authentication?

CodeMaster (Name Due for Update):

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.6GHz | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | RAM: 24GBs Crucial DDR3-1600

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce OC | Case: Fractal Design Define S | PSU: Corsair AX860i

When you sign up through steam an account gets created here, you steam password does NOT get sent here and this site does not know your password, you should have been asked to create a "Local" password when you signed up, if you didn't you should be able to go into your account settings and create a password. Once you have a password for this forum, Two Factor Authentication should then work.

• 8 months later...
On 2/5/2016 at 1:49 PM, Marcus_UK said:

I hate to dig up old topics but this seemed like the right spot to ask. I am having the same issue but when I go to account settings I do not have an option to create a password or possibly I am missing where this is. Can you tell me if this is still the case if so where exactly is this option? I would very much like to get 2fa setup on my account. thanks :) 

5 hours ago, mromutt said:

I hate to dig up old topics but this seemed like the right spot to ask. I am having the same issue but when I go to account settings I do not have an option to create a password or possibly I am missing where this is. Can you tell me if this is still the case if so where exactly is this option? I would very much like to get 2fa setup on my account. thanks :) 

Unfortunately, the only way for you to add a local password is to "reset" it (easiest way to do that is open an incognito tab and click forgot password). The devs have so far been unwilling to add that as a feature for some reason. 

HTTP/2 203

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Unfortunately, the only way for you to add a local password is to "reset" it (easiest way to do that is open an incognito tab and click forgot password). The devs have so far been unwilling to add that as a feature for some reason. 

Well thank you anyway :) I guess 2fa on steam will be enough ;) hehe