EVGA warranty question

KE2012

Hey,

If you over volt your card on stock bios is your EVGA GPU still covered by warranty? The reason I ask is cos my GPU has decided to kick the bucket again and artefact like there is no tomorrow regardless of clocks or voltage. So if I upped the core voltage slightly is it still covered?

Also as this is will be my 2nd RMA of this card in 2 months do you think I should demand they pay for postage or whatever, cos if not then I've wasted nearly £50 ($73) just sending the buggers out for repair when it should be working! Not on if you ask me.

Cheers for reading and cheers for any response!   

EVGA has a lifetime warranty, and even if you do overvolt, they can't tell. I'd ask them to cover shipping, but just remember that in the end, they are saving you from having to buy a whole new card here...

¢υѕтσм ℓσσρ σя ησтнιηg αт αℓℓ

1 minute ago, Codyman125 said:

EVGA has a lifetime warranty,

What?? They have a 3 year warranty on GPUs, lifetime warranties only really happen on RAM

OP If overvolting the cards is breaking them then stop overvolting so much, but no they can't tell the difference not that EVGA cares, as they tend to be more flexible than other companies.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

What?? They have a 3 year warranty on GPUs, lifetime warranties only really happen on RAM

OP If overvolting the cards is breaking them then stop overvolting so much, but no they can't tell the difference not that EVGA cares, as they tend to be more flexible than other companies.

If you bought the card new, and are the original owner, and registered the card, lifetime warranty! At least in the US anyway...

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

My first card wasn't overclocked at all, and my 2nd was only overvolted by 12mv........ so yeah. Anyway, cheers for the reply!

EDIT: It was overvolted more when trying to get the max OC but it was stable for a while and buried the hatchet on 12mv

9 minutes ago, Codyman125 said:

EVGA has a lifetime warranty, and even if you do overvolt, they can't tell. I'd ask them to cover shipping, but just remember that in the end, they are saving you from having to buy a whole new card here...

Well, that is good news! Cheers for the response.

1 minute ago, KE2012 said:

My first card wasn't overclocked at all, and my 2nd was only overvolted by 12mv........ so yeah. Anyway, cheers for the reply!

Well, that is good news! Cheers for the response.

I've got my 980Ti overvolted by 78mv, 12 should do jack-shit to the GPU in degradation... Just bad luck I'd say

2 minutes ago, Codyman125 said:

I've got my 980Ti overvolted by 78mv, 12 should do jack-shit to the GPU in degradation... Just bad luck I'd say

Definitely bad luck, my first card died when my PSU decided to commit hari kari while taking a few components with it.

1 hour ago, Codyman125 said:

If you bought the card new, and are the original owner, and registered the card, lifetime warranty! At least in the US anyway...

No! 3 years. It's 50 bucks to make it 5 years.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

2 hours ago, Codyman125 said:

No! Limited Lifetime! Go to the page and look under the "Limited Lifetime Warranty (Original Purchasers Only)" Section

http://www.evga.com/support/warranty/graphics-cards/

Did you read? That avalible, not what's included in the purchase. Most have a 3 year warranty included in the purchase 

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

Did you read? That avalible, not what's included in the purchase. Most have a 3 year warranty included in the purchase 

" Limited Lifetime Warranties are available to the original owner on applicable parts if registered by the original owner within 30 days of the date of purchase. "

Did you read my post? 

6 hours ago, Codyman125 said:

Holy balls, you're getting ripped off on postage if it's costing that much for you to send. EVGA has an RMA dept in the UK and it should not be costing that much to get it there.

Your warranty is fine, EVGA doesn't give a crap about overclocking, they just want the card back in factory condition.

Also, the warranty is only 3 years, all of the 980Ti's EVGA produce have a model number ending in KR, which only has a 3 year limited warranty (can be upped to 5 if you pay extra)

If this is the 2nd time the same thing has happened I would be looking towards the power supply maybe being the culprit, might be worth trying different cables or a different PSU if available.

7 minutes ago, wolfsbane3083 said:

Holy balls, you're getting ripped off on postage if it's costing that much for you to send. EVGA has an RMA dept in the UK and it should not be costing that much to get it there.

Your warranty is fine, EVGA doesn't give a crap about overclocking, they just want the card back in factory condition.

Also, the warranty is only 3 years, all of the 980Ti's EVGA produce have a model number ending in KR, which only has a 3 year limited warranty (can be upped to 5 if you pay extra)

If this is the 2nd time the same thing has happened I would be looking towards the power supply maybe being the culprit, might be worth trying different cables or a different PSU if available.

It's a different problem and the psu has been changed between cards.  Also they require it to be sent to Germany  which isn't cheap at all.  I was quoted 60 odd pound by royal mail and 45 by some other courrier to send it with enough insurance to cover it.  

1 minute ago, KE2012 said:

It's a different problem and the psu has been changed between cards.  Also they require it to be sent to Germany  which isn't cheap at all.  I was quoted 60 odd pound by royal mail and 45 by some other courrier to send it with enough insurance to cover it.  

I'd send them another email and ask if you can send it to the UK dept, there should be no reason for them to need it in Germany. I sent my card in last month and this is the address they gave me:

EVGA RMA Dept.

Langdale, Flag Lane

Penwortham, Preston

Lancashire PR1 9TP

Is there by any chance shipping instructions attached as a PDF to the RMA email, the PDF has a different address to the one at the bottom of the e-mail. Also, I've had a quick look on the Royal Mail website and was qouted £8.55 for Special Delivery by 1pm with insurance up to £500.

" Limited Lifetime Warranties are available to the original owner on applicable parts if registered by the original owner within 30 days of the date of purchase. "

Did you read my post? 

If they purchased a lifetime warranty, they wouldn't need you telling them they had it...

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

If they purchased a lifetime warranty, they wouldn't need you telling them they had it...

It ISN'T a PURCHASE. All they had to do was REGISTER it. A simple, EASY TO FORGET step. I forgot I had done it on my 980Ti until I looked it up. 

1 minute ago, Codyman125 said:

It ISN'T a PURCHASE. All they had to do was REGISTER it. A simple, EASY TO FORGET step. I forgot I had done it on my 980Ti until I looked it up. 

No, I have a EVGA Hybrid 980ti, I registered it for the warranty, which is 3 years. You can purchase extended warranties but you only get, 3 years. 

7 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Yes, they'll cover it.  Request an RMA.

There is NO amount of volts on the sliders in the overclocking software using the stock bios that you can add to the Maxwell cards, or Keppler for that matter, that will allow you to hurt your card in any way, shape or form.  They're limited in the bios to WELL under the "safe voltages" for the architecture.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

1 hour ago, Vellinious said:

Yes, they'll cover it.  Request an RMA.

There is NO amount of volts on the sliders in the overclocking software using the stock bios that you can add to the Maxwell cards, or Keppler for that matter, that will allow you to hurt your card in any way, shape or form.  They're limited in the bios to WELL under the "safe voltages" for the architecture.

So do you think my card was going to die,  overclock or not? And cheers for the info. 

It could have been anything, but.....it wasn't the volts or anything else you did to it with overclocking, that killed it.  If it died, it's because it had one foot in the grave already.

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10