Case Selection Help

ArrayInc

I would like to know a good midtower case that cable manages well, has silent operation on idle/load, and has lots of air/rad space for about $100-$150. Thinking about the fractal define r5 but I am open to other suggestions. Please do not mention the nzxt h440

The Define R5 is probably your best bet for something that has all three of your requirements. However, there are many other cases that do come close, if you're interested in other aesthetics. NZXT Noctis and H440 are both great cases on the quiet side, and offer very different looks while being very good. Any of the Corsair Carbide cases are on the quiet side as well.

Really, if you look into how to optimize silence and apply what you learn, cases will only do so much. My boyfriend has a really crappy, old case that used to be obnoxiously loud, but between adding some rubber o-rings here and there as well as changing out the fans, it's incredibly quiet with the exception of his HDD. Just look into cases with good radiator support, a style you like, and cable management, and you will likely be fine. Just note that more open = more noise in most cases, and anything with padding will be your best friend.

19 minutes ago, ArrayInc said:

I would like to know a good midtower case that cable manages well, has silent operation on idle/load, and has lots of air/rad space for about $100-$150. Thinking about the fractal define r5 but I am open to other suggestions. Please do not mention the nzxt h440

You can go for the slient case route or take a good case and arm it with silent fans. Maybe a pro M with Be Quiet fans or Noctuas?