SpeedFan Seems to be living in hell

Alir

It says my CPU temp is 127c and my AUXTIN1 is fluctuating between over 100c or 30c. And the AUXTIN2 and AUXTIN3 are -128C and -60C respectively.

What the hell is up with this?

My CPU is i7 4790K.

Because of that I'm not sure if the HDD temps below it are legit or not.

Anyone know of a better software for monitoring temps - and free?

try restarting your pc. when i restarted mines speedfan correctly found the sensors. speedfan is definitely capable of reading out temps, even the GPU 

HWMonitor, Openhardwaremonitor, ADAI64 for a bit. OCCT.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

11 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

I use HWMonitor(non pro), but Speedfan has always been messed up, and it hasn't been updated in ages.

It was last updated October 30th of 2015, that's not really ages...

Just now, Hunched said:

It was last updated October 30th of 2015, that's not really ages...

well I agree with the "always messed up" part though.  I've tried it a couple times on different systems over the years and every single time found it entirely useless

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

well I agree with the "always messed up" part though.  I've tried it a couple times on different systems over the years and every single time found it entirely useless

It is unquestionably the best program for fan control though, nothing else comes even remotely close in terms of flexibility and options.

It's just not user friendly, at all, lots of people will probably need a guide to figure out just how to set a lot of things up.

No other program would let you control your CPU fan based on your... SSD temperature. You can attach any fan to any temperature in your PC, no matter how illogical lol.

But yea readings can be inaccurate, they are with lots of programs though.

Just now, Hunched said:

It is unquestionably the best program for fan control though, nothing else comes even remotely close in terms of flexibility and options.

It's just not user friendly, at all, lots of people will probably need a guide to figure out just how to set a lot of things up.

No other program would let you control your CPU fan based on your... SSD temperature. You can attach any fan to any temperature in your PC, no matter how illogical lol.

I was never able to control any fans in any way, manual or otherwise

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I was never able to control any fans in any way, manual or otherwise

You probably didn't set it up correctly. You have an Asus Z87, nothing niche. 

For me, it's the only program that exists which allows me to have my case fans controlled by my GPU temperature, which makes infinitely more sense for games than having them based off CPU temps meanwhile your GPU is getting hammered.

For what it's worth, this is the most comprehensive SpeedFan guide there is I believe

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article1275-page1.html