Should I buy my friends RAM?

My friend has some 2x2GB A-Data 1333MHz RAM left and wants to sell it to me. I have 2x2GB Hyundai 1333MHz RAM. I know you loose some perfomance using diffrent RAM but that shouldnt be much.

I use around 2Gb while doing stuff and sometimes around 1Gb while Idle. But when gaming it can go up around 3,60Gb. I have it set to 3.87GB (well Dell has set).

EDIT: Its Crucial

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

You're using a 32-bit version of Windows 7. You won't be able to utilize more than 3.87GB of RAM even if you got 4GB more.

I don't see any disadvantages to using different brands of RAM. Just make sure the dual channel slots are placed in their respective slots.

The remaining of the 4gb might be used for onboard graphics. Check whether if your onboard graphics are set to off in your bios and check if you have 34bit or 64bit. If you have 32bit, you would not be able to get 8gb of usable ram because it only supports 4gb max.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Yes, I have a 64bit Windows. I will see if I can change the memory settings in the BIOS later.

Thanks for replying!

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini