Should I wait until March for the new MacBooks?

I need a MacBook for specific reasons but I don't know if I should get one now or if I should wait until March when Apple releases new ones. 

I would wait. Even if they aren't much to offer the previous hardware's price will drop.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Yeah, wait until the new ones are out. even then wait a month or so.

You can often pick one up on ebay much cheaper, even the brand new models still in box, practically brand new!

yes, you could get the previous generation for less or the new generation for the same price as the last one was the day before

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]

Unless you need it "right here, right now", yeah, just wait.

Just now, DaltonM said:

Just wait.. Forever... Don't get a macbook :)

Sometimes jobs or school require it.  I looked into a college program recently that required you to purchase a macbook pro.  I mean if you're just going to sit in a coffee shop with it and reload your instagram page every 13 seconds sure it's a stupid purchase, but unfortunately there are situations where sometimes you might actually have to get one :)

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

2 minutes ago, givegomezthegun said:

Sometimes jobs or school require it.  I looked into a college program recently that required you to purchase a macbook pro.  I mean if you're just going to sit in a coffee shop with it and reload your instagram page every 13 seconds sure it's a stupid purchase, but unfortunately there are situations where sometimes you might actually have to get one :)

Well you could just make a hackintosh....

1 minute ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

Well you could just make a hackintosh....

3 minutes ago, givegomezthegun said:

I do wonder why a Macbook is required though.

Is there specific software you need to use?

4 minutes ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

sdaasdfs

Edited by givegomezthegun
Wow.. why can I not get rid of the quote part.. forum bug :D

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Are the new mac release dates confirmed or is it just one of those "company always releases X thing in Y month"? I have been thinking about grabbing a mac book for awhile.

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

Not only should you wait for the new macbook release; but when it does, purchase the last gen under Apple's refurbished list -- you'll get a substantial deal.  Though if you have a student discount, you may already have the effective deal for a new model.  also -- check the refurbished listings on the Small Dog Electronics website.  Just google appropriately; it will take you there.