A Desperate Attempt...

Sadly, TheFineBros are kinda screwed over by all the backlash from other youtubers. 

However, it was basically their fault, with how they phrased everything. 

If anything, they should have discovered what they said in their video was dumb, and taken it down to revise it. 

Instead, however, they tried desperately to save their subscriber base by making an apology video. 

I will admit, the youtube community has been pretty rough on them lately, which sucks for them because their videos are their livelihood. 

I don't really know if their apology video will work, but how can you really recover from the backlash people have against you because you tried to trademark the word "react"...

The sad thing is, all those youtubers that were bashing on them have large fanbases, which tend to follow whatever they say. 

These vicious fanbases have been attacking TheFineBros relentlessly.

The thing is, we have to see both sides of the situation, but it is easy to just look at TheFineBros and judge them immediatly, based on something that a youtuber you like said. 

I don't necessarily support TheFineBros in their decision to trademark their video format, but I do challenge you to make up your own mind about what you think of them, instead of circle-jerking other people's opinions about, in a massive horde of people attacking them. 

I think it's really sad to try to copyright something like that, it makes them people that are desperate for money. While most youtubers represent the exact opposite, humble and thankful people.

to game or not to game, that`s the question

Well, it is actually a bit of irony when you think on it. Fine bros made their living making 'reaction videos' on events. Now they made a video and site and the reaction to it is what is causing them much strife.

If they bounce back or not depends on them, but the main key point that people forget is that when it comes to society, people have horrible memories, and short attention spans. Give it some time, it will blow over, and they will continue as they have done.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Just now, UnlimitedTMD said:

I think it's really sad to try to copyright something like that, it makes them people that are desperate for money. While most youtubers represent the exact opposite, humble and thankful people.

Yea, and the whole idea of a money grab doesn't tend to sit well with the youtube community haha 

And they also tried to copyright a WORD... LOL

1 minute ago, drewjn said:

Well, it is actually a bit of irony when you think on it. Fine bros made their living making 'reaction videos' on events. Now they made a video and site and the reaction to it is what is causing them much strife.

If they bounce back or not depends on them, but the main key point that people forget is that when it comes to society, people have horrible memories, and short attention spans. Give it some time, it will blow over, and they will continue as they have done.

Yea, pretty much

It's insane how short people's attention spans are these days xD

1 minute ago, instagraml said:

Yea, and the whole idea of a money grab doesn't tend to sit well with the youtube community haha 

And they also tried to copyright a WORD... LOL

didn't they rather try to copyright the react format, not the word itself?

1 minute ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

I heard they tried both, maybe I should revisit the video..

But I do think they are trying to trademark the words "Elders React", or "Kids React" used in other videos.

It's not only that they have trademarked the word ´React´. it's mostly that they have also acted on that trademark. 

They have had videos taken down becuase they were similar to theirs. Yet, they don't go into detail as to how similar those videos were. Were they video called "Elders React to X", wherein they copy everything from video topics to shooting format. 

Or were the video they had taken down simply reaction videos.

If it was the former then I might agree with them. If it's the later (or anythin in between the two) than screw them. They don't have the right to make reaction videos. 

They also went after the Ellen Show for making a video fo children reacting to stuff. Again, they claimed to have some sort of owner ship over the concept. 

Personally, I don't really care that much. I don't watch The Fine Brothers, and from what I have seen of the react videos they seem extremely scripted and the people in them seems to have been selected to cater to different demographics. 

Also, all the YouTubers I follow haven't said a word on the matter, except Linus' remarks in the WAN Show. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Just now, instagraml said:

I heard they tried both, maybe I should revisit the video..

But I do think they are trying to trademark the words "Elders React", or "Kids React" used in other videos.

woah that's just sad....

I haven't seen the video's, so don't quote me on the stuf I said, I just heard some stuff

6 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

yeah they didnt try copyright the word react, or the concept of reacting

Basically just their template and anybody that wants to use it will get support and it costs nothing to licence

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

woah that's just sad....

I haven't seen the video's, so don't quote me on the stuf I said, I just heard some stuff

Yea it its sad lol

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

yeah they didnt try copyright the word react, or the concept of reacting

Basically just their template and anybody that wants to use it will get support and it costs nothing to licence

Im pretty sure they take part of the ad revenue from whoever uses their template and is in their "React World" network thingy, so it isn't entirely free

15 minutes ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

Yea, i think i misunderstood the situation, You're right.

The words they did try to copyright are the titles they use for their series such as "Elders React", or "Kids React" and the like. 

Not just the word "react" like I thought before

12 minutes ago, instagraml said:

Im pretty sure they take part of the ad revenue from whoever uses their template and is in their "React World" network thingy, so it isn't entirely free

Yes but you do not pay upfront to "licence" it, and theoretically you will earn more with their help than without it even with their cut

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Let's not forget when they called Elen a bully and a thief for having a "reaction" like skit on her show and twetted they wanted to sue her.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

17 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

Let's not forget when they called Elen a bully and a thief for having a "reaction" like skit on her show and twetted they wanted to sue her.

Ah such precious little snowflakes. Not like thousands of years of human history hasn't already made the concept of 'original idea' into a misnomer.... Everything has already been done before, all you can do is add a different spin, or revitalize in a new or interesting way. This is why we have things called genres, archetypes, etc. They really needed this bit of humility if they truly acted and believed the way people have been inferring. If it generally does get through with them, they might be better for it; however, it is truly a rare situation for someone to actually learn from their mistakes.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

I was about to post this topic but you beat me! :(

I don't watch the FineBros, was never a big fan of reaction videos. But their recent move was stupid. It was like those Candy Crush people trying to trademark 'Candy' and 'Saga'. 

I understand if a lot of people out right copied their format where guests sit down and watch a video but it originally looked like they were targeting all reaction videos (I haven't seen the apologize video yet). Please, calm your tits FineBros your idea was far from original. They have some balls to expect a % of profit for similar videos.

Their company were even taking down reaction videos of people's reaction to their video lol. My favorite was the guy with 10 subs whose video was taken down by Fullscreen. He reuploaded it and made a newer reaction video of the takedown. He managed to go from 10 to +4K subs and thousand of views....don't think the FB had that in mind.

I wish I made a reaction video now :/

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Didn't actually know that they also have been flagging thousands (yes, apparently thousands) of videos that have anything to do with reaction based content. Causing people to actually be suspended and deleted off of youtube due to the horrible algorithm in place for copyright.

At first I thought they were just self absorbed pricks that I could care less about, positive or negative. Now it seems like they really are complete and utter scum with their actions towards others coming out into the limelight... The whole Ellen Degeneres issue was idiotic, similar in style to a Kanye West interruption in an awards, but attacking other peoples' work and livelihood, while requesting a part (or even all) proceeds go to them... that is just a different level of distasteful.

Still new, but learning

On 2/1/2016 at 10:34 AM, GeekJump said:

I was about to post this topic but you beat me! :(

I don't watch the FineBros, was never a big fan of reaction videos. But their recent move was stupid. It was like those Candy Crush people trying to trademark 'Candy' and 'Saga'. 

I understand if a lot of people out right copied their format where guests sit down and watch a video but it originally looked like they were targeting all reaction videos (I haven't seen the apologize video yet). Please, calm your tits FineBros your idea was far from original. They have some balls to expect a % of profit for similar videos.

Their company were even taking down reaction videos of people's reaction to their video lol. My favorite was the guy with 10 subs whose video was taken down by Fullscreen. He reuploaded it and made a newer reaction video of the takedown. He managed to go from 10 to +4K subs and thousand of views....don't think the FB had that in mind.

I wish I made a reaction video now :/

yea lol sry i just noticed it blowing up on youtube so i figured i would jump on the bandwagon :P

yea them flagging others videos is complete bullshit...

so is making reaction videos to a certain extent because ur just using other people's content in the first place

On 2/1/2016 at 11:07 AM, drewjn said:

Didn't actually know that they also have been flagging thousands (yes, apparently thousands) of videos that have anything to do with reaction based content. Causing people to actually be suspended and deleted off of youtube due to the horrible algorithm in place for copyright.

At first I thought they were just self absorbed pricks that I could care less about, positive or negative. Now it seems like they really are complete and utter scum with their actions towards others coming out into the limelight... The whole Ellen Degeneres issue was idiotic, similar in style to a Kanye West interruption in an awards, but attacking other peoples' work and livelihood, while requesting a part (or even all) proceeds go to them... that is just a different level of distasteful.

yes exactly it's ridiculous...

"if you see someone else blatantly STEALING other people's formats, DONT STAND FOR IT" 

please...

2 hours ago, instagraml said:

yes exactly it's ridiculous...

"if you see someone else blatantly STEALING other people's formats, DONT STAND FOR IT" 

please...

Of course you shouldn't stand for it! How dare those a-holes make a video of them reacting to something and stating their opinions! The nerve of those thieves! Come up with something original instead of stealing such a unique and niche idea from the great thumb-heads...errr...I mean Fine Bros!

flag ALL da videos in the name of the Fine Bros!!!

Just in case the person reading this is oblivious...everything above was sarcastic ;)

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

On 2/3/2016 at 10:43 AM, GeekJump said:

Of course you shouldn't stand for it! How dare those a-holes make a video of them reacting to something and stating their opinions! The nerve of those thieves! Come up with something original instead of stealing such a unique and niche idea from the great thumb-heads...errr...I mean Fine Bros!

yes that was funny xD

On 2/1/2016 at 9:58 AM, Fluffinator said:

yea that was fucking stupid...

I can't believe they would say something so stupid...

Flexing your fanbase muscles basically destroys your reputation