Overclocking GTX 950

JakeLong

I have overclocked my gtx 950 using the number from the website http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/palit_geforce_gtx_950_storm_dual_2gb_review,30.html and I also tested the stability by running unigen heaven for like 2 hours without any artifact or crashing so I have a healthy overclock right? I mean should I push the test longer to make sure that my card are stable at this point? I really need some help

I would test it out in some actual games.  I've had a lot of overclocks that ran stable in unigine just fine but would crash after 15 minutes in something else.  

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

Your choice ... If you can game really well i see really no point overclocking to gain like extra 1-2 fps. 

Magical Pineapples

thanks for your reply..:D..so I will try out some games to make sure it's stable..I know maybe there is no point overclocking but I'm just curious about overclocking...that's all..:D..really want to see how far my gpu can go without crashing..

Just now, MrUnknownEMC said:

Your choice ... If you can game really well i see really no point overclocking to gain like extra 1-2 fps. 

It really doesn't make sense to not overclock.  It's extra performance for free.  And, it's typically not just 1 or 2 fps.  if you can get an extra 10% or more performance out of a card that could be the difference between a crappy or enjoyable experience.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

1 minute ago, givegomezthegun said:

It really doesn't make sense to not overclock.  It's extra performance for free.  And, it's typically not just 1 or 2 fps.  if you can get an extra 10% or more performance out of a card that could be the difference between a crappy or enjoyable experience.

Personally his overclock is already at 1400mhz ... a extra 100mhz won't benefit as much. Personally i would have stability than have some extra fps. 

Magical Pineapples

14 minutes ago, givegomezthegun said:

I would test it out in some actual games.  I've had a lot of overclocks that ran stable in unigine just fine but would crash after 15 minutes in something else.  

Seconded. Different games have different stability thresholds. Test your OC with each game you regularly play to see if it's ok. If necessary you can create different OC profiles and switch between them.