Recording for youtube

Hexorian

How do i play a game on one machine and record on the other? thanks!

Why

just record on the same machine...

far better quality

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

Why

just record on the same machine...

far better quality

Because my computer cant handle playing a game and recording at the same time (its prebuilt).

You would need to get an HDMI capture device, like an elgato or avermedia card and hook that into the other machine. Then you would hook the HDMI output from the gaming computer to pass through the capture device to your monitor. It increases input lag but it works.

widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

2 minutes ago, Hexorian said:

Because my computer cant handle playing a game and recording at the same time (its prebuilt).

What are the specs

Just because its prebuilt doesnt mean its crap

If you have a second PC then just use that to play and record, or swap those parts to upgrade your current PC

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

What are the specs

Just because its prebuilt doesnt mean its crap

If you have a second PC then just use that to play and record, or swap those parts to upgrade your current PC

ive tried and the video is unwatchable 

19 minutes ago, Hexorian said:

ive tried and the video is unwatchable 

thats not enough information
what are the PC specs

why is the video unwatchable? what is your framerate? what are you using to record? what bitrate and resolution?

Spoiler

If you have and hardware, use the amd gaming client. If Nevada, use shadowplay. If Intel, then use fraps.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

You will need capture card. PCs don't have video input by default.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv