Chrome 50 Will mark material design in chrome (BETA/DEV/Canary channel has it already).

Arty

http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/2016/01/dev-channel-updates.html

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2016/01/29/material-design-is-slowly-coming-to-google-chrome-heres-what-it-looks-like/

kvKwGF0.png

ce2YZHT.png

I think this look really sweet, and waiting to see what else they add into chrome as the history is still missing and some other things that would be nice.

1 minute ago, kuzimins said:

This also works in Chrome Beta. I tried, didn't really like it that much.

any reason in particular?

i know the top bar for me feels a little squished. 

1 minute ago, Kherm said:

Wow, I love that!

I tried it out on my laptop. Here's what I can say. You'll want to use this only on displays greater than 768p.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Weird how I partially have that... Downloads page looks like the new style, yet everything else has the old...

Anyway I really like it, has a nice modern feel to it.

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

I tried it out on my laptop. Here's what I can say. You'll want to use this only on displays greater than 768p.

IF you're still using a 720p screen in 2016  probbly time to upgrade

and since this is experimental probably will be fixed for smaller screens. 

1 minute ago, Marcus_UK said:

Weird how I partially have that... Downloads page looks like the new style, yet everything else has the old...

Anyway I really like it, has a nice modern feel to it.

you have to enable the extensions main bar and settings in the Flags area.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Intresting. How can I try it out?

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

1 minute ago, Arty said:

IF you're still using a 720p screen in 2016  probbly time to upgrade

and since this is experimental probably will be fixed for smaller screens. 

laptop has 768p screen. Desktop got 2x 1080p monitors.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

i really am not a fan on the desktop for this style of design so i hope in the flags i can turn it off

Aselwyn1

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

laptop has 768p screen. Desktop got 2x 1080p monitors.

yea most laptops are 768 or higher

2 minutes ago, Kherm said:

Intresting. How can I try it out?

Type this in chrome or Chromium  -> chrome://flags/

Then scroll down until it says Material Design.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Type this in chrome or Chromium  -> chrome://flags/

Then scroll down until it says Material Design.

Cntrl f the search for material lot faster 

Just now, Arty said:

Cntrl f the search for material lot faster 

Yeah my bad lol :).

I manually scrolled until material design .

Okay, so I was able to turn on material design for the top bar, but how do I turn it on for the settings page?

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

So Google will force an even flatter UI to Chrome's users. How about actual customization?

At least the settings menu looks better.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

4 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

So Google will force an even flatter UI to Chrome's users. How about actual customization?

At least the settings menu looks better.

Customization may show up. But progress is progress and it isn't going to stop, because a few people dislike change xD, Take windows 10. or any ios update, or any update in any software.

5 minutes ago, Kherm said:

Okay, so I was able to turn on material design for the top bar, but how do I turn it on for the settings page?

chrome://md-settings

As long as the functionality is retained i don't really care.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

28 minutes ago, Arty said:

any reason in particular?

i know the top bar for me feels a little squished. 

Well, the 3 bars (bookmark, adress and tab) all look different and unproportional. 

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Interface looks like it's in alpha (or from Firefox). I like the improved UI, except that the settings page looks unfinished.

2 minutes ago, crisro996 said:

Interface looks like it's in alpha (or from Firefox). I like the improved UI, except that the settings page looks unfinished.

Some buttons don't work it's Def testing phase 

It's not all that inspiring. I thought they were going full-blown Microsoft Edge.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Wasn't really happy when it came on Android but on Chrome looks more subdued.
It's not the best how it's on Android now, not the most efficient and to bright overall with no dark theme option -.-
Also hate the "cards" thing, hope they change UI in future.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |