Swiftech H220x2 Prestige edition

Well,

The new CPU cooler to start my loop came in last night and despite working 12 hours I decided to go ahead and tear apart the old H60 setup, clean up the CPU and throw in some fresh paste with the new cooler.

Removing the old cooler was no issue. Came off. Removed the two upper 200mm fans (phantom NZXT original) and that's about where the easy stuff left. But it really came down to having the right tools for the job. . . A quick trip to the store to grab some new precision screw drivers to remove the fans from the radiator was one of the only real hiccups, once this was done installation was easy enough.

The cooler itself is quite heavy. Everything seems to be made with excellent components. The included TIM paste was non des script but I trusted It for now. After reseating the ram and running the crazy amount of wiring for the lighting and fans and pump we we're back in business.

f8058781cb99f2891cc1e6f4fa1e0f16.jpg

Naked Devils canyon

da550dd21b147aa5dc21b399cabf1b25.jpg

Installing the radiator in the head of the case. It works but definitely not the fit i wanted.

d3d558ca5ec569a9002b681efdd143ca.jpg

Pump fired up. Things went smooth after resetting my overclock to start over with it.

d3b01d98aa4a503532c8a8292e3e3ae7.jpg

And completed.

Temperature performance it is vastly improved over my prior setup at this point. My current overclock on it is running at 4.9ghz with 1.3v on the core. Under gaming load the temperature hovers around 62 with the fans staying on 20% till it gets to 70 degrees in my tan profile. This keeps the unit running in silence.

Will update more. Plans to add another radiator in a new case and put my sli 970 under water with it. Need to move to a h440 first though to have enough radiator support.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

Move to reviews?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

• 3 weeks later...

Changed my bottom GPU to match the reference. Added a hard bridge. Next step is changing cases, but the h440 has been nixed and the case to be used will be the Phanteks Evolv ATX. Ordering two Komodo 900 water blocks for the GPUS, and adding an additional 280mm radiator to the loop.

complete.jpg

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

• 4 weeks later...

What do you think to the pump noise? My h100i has in my opinion a very annoying sound pump so am looking at this as an option.

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

Very interested in the pump noise too.  I was looking at be same unit for my nex build.  Currently have a h100i V2.   But don't think I'll carry it to the new build. I like the look better of the all in one swift ones.