Help about surround speaker on my pc

GuideMe002

At the moment i'm using a 5.1 surround speaker that comes with our smart TV, and use it on my computer. 

My current situation is i connect it using RCA to 3.5mm jack and plug it on my computer(it's working). My question is what is the difference if i put also the hdmi on the receiver to my graphics card?

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

At the moment i'm using a 5.1 surround speaker that comes with our smart TV, and use it on my computer. 

My current situation is i connect it using RCA to 3.5mm jack and plug it on my computer(it's working). My question is what is the difference if i put also the hdmi on the receiver to my graphics card?

In your windows sound settings, you will have to disable the HDMI sound output.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

The difference is plugging the speaker directly into your computer it's your motherboard's DAC converting the digital files to analog sound.  If you plugged in your reciever through HDMI the digital info would be transported through the HDMI cable and it would be the DAC inside the reciever doing the conversion.

You want to use HDMI instead, then you can get true surround sound

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

You want to use HDMI instead, then you can get true surround sound

oh maybe that's the reason why one speaker is not working

The difference is plugging the speaker directly into your computer it's your motherboard's DAC converting the digital files to analog sound.  If you plugged in your reciever through HDMI the digital info would be transported through the HDMI cable and it would be the DAC inside the reciever doing the conversion.

Which one is better? DAC on my Motherboard or DAC on receiver?

if i plug the hdmi, do i need to plug also the RCA to 3.5mm?

oh maybe that's the reason why one speaker is not working

Yeah

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Which one is better? DAC on my Motherboard or DAC on receiver?

if i plug the hdmi, do i need to plug also the RCA to 3.5mm?

There's probably no difference, although the reciever being away from the rest of the electronic noise inside the computer case might be benificial.

As far as the RCA question, I would need to know exactly what product you are talking about.  I don't know of any TVs that come with 5.1 speakers, and a speaker shouldn't be able to work by just plugging it into a 3.5mm jack.  Unless it was a self powered speaker, which means it might be wireless.  So I would need a product link.

There's probably no difference, although the reciever being away from the rest of the electronic noise inside the computer case might be benificial.

As far as the RCA question, I would need to know exactly what product you are talking about.  I don't know of any TVs that come with 5.1 speakers, and a speaker shouldn't be able to work by just plugging it into a 3.5mm jack.  Unless it was a self powered speaker, which means it might be wireless.  So I would need a product link.

http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/tv-av/audio-video/home-entertainment-system/HT-E350K/XL

this is the product i'm using. i plug it to a 220v outlet to have power. and use RCA to 3.5mm to work on my pc

but using that technique my other one speaker is not working

So according to the specs that particular reciever you can only connect it through RCA.  That means you are limited to 2 channels of sound.  The reciever might play it on all speakers, but it's the reciever doing funky stuff and deciding to play some sounds out of the back speakers and some in the front (that's what Dolby Pro Logic II does, and there may be other settings in the reciever that do similar but different things).  But you are still only listening to 2 channels of sound, and the only way to get 5.1 surround sound through a DVD.

However there is a YouTube video of guy who says he has the same reciever, but his does have an optical in.  If yours has one that is the best way to connect it.  Just do exactly as he does in the video, except connect it to the optical out on your motherboard instead of the TV, if your motherboard has an optical out.

On 1/29/2016 at 11:41 PM, Donk Quixote said:

So according to the specs that particular reciever you can only connect it through RCA.  That means you are limited to 2 channels of sound.  The reciever might play it on all speakers, but it's the reciever doing funky stuff and deciding to play some sounds out of the back speakers and some in the front (that's what Dolby Pro Logic II does, and there may be other settings in the reciever that do similar but different things).  But you are still only listening to 2 channels of sound, and the only way to get 5.1 surround sound through a DVD.

However there is a YouTube video of guy who says he has the same reciever, but his does have an optical in.  If yours has one that is the best way to connect it.  Just do exactly as he does in the video, except connect it to the optical out on your motherboard instead of the TV, if your motherboard has an optical out.

My receiver have hdmi port

2 hours ago, GuideMe002 said:

My receiver have hdmi port

It's an HDMI output, meaning it can only send a signal to a TV or Monitor.  It can't take a signal in.  Looks like the only inputs you have is RCA, which means the only way to get true surround sound is by playing a DVD movie.

On 1/31/2016 at 2:35 AM, Donk Quixote said:

It's an HDMI output, meaning it can only send a signal to a TV or Monitor.  It can't take a signal in.  Looks like the only inputs you have is RCA, which means the only way to get true surround sound is by playing a DVD movie.

oh i see. thanks for the info. sad should i throw my surround setup and buy decent 2.1 speaker?

It really depends on how much you can spend and what's available, and I have no idea how your speakers sound.  I probably wouldn't however.  You probably won't get significantly better sound unless you spend well over $100, and maybe more if there aren't any options in your area.

If you wanted to you could go into the options on the reciever and turn the center channel and the rear surround speakers off, and that's basically what a 2.1 system would sound like.  Even though you are only feeding it 2 channel audio it often sounds better coming out of a surround setup.