magnetic charging cables

Go to solution Solved by slicedpage,

Thank you for the helpful replies. W-L made a good point about decent quality cable. I have seen this type of cable for around £5 but as my Grandmother used to say "Wash behind your ears you lazy git",and "Buy cheap pay twice dumbo !"

LLAP

Having to plug and unplug by charging cable throughout the day when I reach a destination from driving is a pain and cannot be good for the socket of my Note 2. So I saw new way of connecting the cable to the phone. I am sure you guys have seen them. They work as the mains plug does to a mac book pro,snaps into place using magnets.

A small adapter stays inserted in the phones socket and the cable attaches quick easily via magnets. Anyhoo my question is will this type of connection slow down the charging process ? Its advertised as 2.4 watts.don't know if that is good or bad.

Thanks

Having to plug and unplug by charging cable throughout the day when I reach a destination from driving is a pain and cannot be good for the socket of my Note 2. So I saw new way of connecting the cable to the phone. I am sure you guys have seen them. They work as the mains plug does to a mac book pro,snaps into place using magnets.

A small adapter stays inserted in the phones socket and the cable attaches quick easily via magnets. Anyhoo my question is will this type of connection slow down the charging process ? Its advertised as 2.4 watts.don't know if that is good or bad.

Thanks

Welcome to the Forums!

I've seen those around for lightning and micro USB devices before and they shouldn't affect charging in anyway since it is still a physical contact with metal pins for current to flow. As long as the wire/cable itself is of decent quality it should be capable of charging at 0.5amp or higher depending on the device.

Something kind of like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Wsken-Premium-Magnetic-Charging-Motorola/dp/B00YH0CCQE

I assume you're referring to znaps? I haven't read about any problems with them.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Thank you for the helpful replies. W-L made a good point about decent quality cable. I have seen this type of cable for around £5 but as my Grandmother used to say "Wash behind your ears you lazy git",and "Buy cheap pay twice dumbo !"

LLAP

btw for anyone coming here curious if the charging plugs that fit into the charging socket of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 n7100 actually do fit ?  Yes they do but you have to really push it in. Its scary because you think your pushing the adapter so hard in that you are going to push the micro socket further into the phone.  It needs wiggling but it does SNAP in. Its not perfectly flush with lower part of the case but is with the top and I am glad to say it works very well. I bought the wsken x cable,not the cheapest but it does charge faster than my old stock cable.IMG_0007.thumb.JPG.e3a99b5e8b49d537b7a96IMG_0006.thumb.JPG.87d516c0590ececbc60d6