socket voltage vs cpu voltage

ok, so i've spent a good deal of time googling, and haven't been able to find one solid answer. the motherboard that i have is the ASRock N68C-GS4 FX, which is supposed to be a 95w socket. im currently using a Phenom X4 9950 BE, which is a 125w processor. so far i have not had any problems. im considering upgrading to the fx 9370, which is a 220w. 

will the board still be able to power it? do i just have to worry about over heating? (i do have a decently new powersupply, cx600m from corsair. 

-just a side note, it would only be a temporary setup until i get a different board.

I wasn't aware there was such a thing as socket voltage. As long as it's the right socket and you have enough power to supply you should be good.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

as long as it's on the compatibility list there shouldn't be a problem right?

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

ok, so i've spent a good deal of time googling, and haven't been able to find one solid answer. the motherboard that i have is the ASRock N68C-GS4 FX, which is supposed to be a 95w socket. im currently using a Phenom X4 9950 BE, which is a 125w processor. so far i have not had any problems. im considering upgrading to the fx 9370, which is a 220w. 

will the board still be able to power it? do i just have to worry about over heating? (i do have a decently new powersupply, cx600m from corsair. 

-just a side note, it would only be a temporary setup until i get a different board.

Don't upgrade to this CPU until you have a decent board (990, 990FX) with solid VRMs on it. Just a friendly advice, if you don't want to blow up your motherboard :P

Just tag @ChatDaw so I can answer as fast as possible.