Wireless headphones beeping sound

EdwinX

Hey. I have the Sennheiser RS 175 connected through 3.5mm. Whenever the headphones are on I hear a constant beep in my right earcup.

I've tried shutting my computer down and removing everything from the dock but the powercable and I still hear the beep, but whenever the dock or the headphones are off, I don't hear the beep.

Any ideas?

EDIT: This was solved by Sennheiser support telling me to gently rub an eraser on the contacts where the battery is connected (I rubbed it on the battery too) and the beep was gone.

Are your headphones charged? Apparently they beep when they are low on power

They're fully charged. Took them off the dock when they were on 100%.

• 2 years later...
On 1/27/2016 at 11:10 PM, UvularCarp said:

Hey. I have the Sennheiser RS 175 connected through 3.5mm. Whenever the headphones are on I hear a constant beep in my right earcup.

I've tried shutting my computer down and removing everything from the dock but the powercable and I still hear the beep, but whenever the dock or the headphones are off, I don't hear the beep.

Any ideas?

EDIT: This was solved by Sennheiser support telling me to gently rub an eraser on the contacts where the battery is connected (I rubbed it on the battery too) and the beep was gone.

Hello, I have problem like you. Can you explain me more about your solution. Is it really good solution? thanks!

On 6/24/2018 at 2:37 AM, Kanza99 said:

Hello, I have problem like you. Can you explain me more about your solution. Is it really good solution? thanks!

Hi. I ended up buying new batteries, not from Sennheiser but the same type from any electronics store. Solved the issue completely.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:37 AM, Kanza99 said:

Besides making sure if battery is good rubbing contacts with eraser is to make sure there's no oil from skin etc on contacts.

3 hours ago, UvularCarp said:

Hi. I ended up buying new batteries, not from Sennheiser but the same type from any electronics store. Solved the issue completely.

Also standard AAA batteries could be used to test.

With them headphone just can't be lowered to charging dock.

That beeping itself is low battery warning.

On 6/27/2018 at 11:27 PM, EsaT said:

Besides making sure if battery is good rubbing contacts with eraser is to make sure there's no oil from skin etc on contacts.

Also standard AAA batteries could be used to test.

With them headphone just can't be lowered to charging dock.

That beeping itself is low battery warning.

The beep was not a low battery warning, it happened when my headphones were fully charged as well. It was a weird constant high pitched but low volume beep. Hard to explain.

• 2 weeks later...

I did as you said. I also use new batteries but it can't solve the problem. :S I sent message to Sennheiser but never receive their feedback.