Best 2016 Gaming laptop

Hi everyone, im looking for a new gaming laptop for gaming on the go. I need to carry a a laptop every day, so portability is a factor, but not a big one. Looking for something with a GTX 970M/980M and G-Sync, and a quad core Intel CPU. Right now, the Asus G752VY is on top of my list, but i heard it has pretty bad battery life. Any recommendations?  Btw i live in Denmark so i need a Nordic keyboard. Razer Blade 14 is not on the list.

Really depends what features you want, and what you want to spend

Thin and light? GS40 - 14" thin, light, 970m 

best performance? Clevo P870DM 17" thich heavy dekstop 980

etc etc etc

so really depends what you want out of the machine

EDIT  good option is the Schenker XMG P406 (Clevo P640RE)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-XMG-P406-Clevo-P640RE-Notebook-Review.158239.0.html

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hi everyone, im looking for a new gaming laptop for gaming on the go. I need to carry a a laptop every day, so portability is a factor, but not a big one. Looking for something with a GTX 970M/980M and G-Sync, and a quad core Intel CPU. Right now, the Asus G752VY is on top of my list, but i heard it has pretty bad battery life. Any recommendations?  Btw i live in Denmark so i need a Nordic keyboard. Razer Blade 14 is not on the list.

any "gaming" laptop is gonna have bad battery life. Just life. You want good hardware, it takes more power. Personally i would look into the MSI GS70 steath pro. The new one with skylake and the nvme drive. Doesnt have gsync but with a single 970m and 1080p screen you really dont need it.

any "gaming" laptop is gonna have bad battery life. Just life. You want good hardware, it takes more power. Personally i would look into the MSI GS70 steath pro. The new one with skylake and the nvme drive. Doesnt have gsync but with a single 970m and 1080p screen you really dont need it.

Not necessarily true

Example Alienware 13 with 960m has up to 11 hours of battery life (not when gaming obviously)

my AW 18 has about 6 hours when not gaming Some clevo and MSI models etc too have decent battery 

But yes none have good battery WHEN gaming

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Dell 7559 Linus just reviewed has good battery life. Respectable 4 hours of browsing. But it's 960M. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

any "gaming" laptop is gonna have bad battery life. Just life. You want good hardware, it takes more power. Personally i would look into the MSI GS70 steath pro. The new one with skylake and the nvme drive. Doesnt have gsync but with a single 970m and 1080p screen you really dont need it

Yeah i've been looking at MSI laptops, but always disissed them for having TN panels and being way more expensive in my location.

I know most Gaming laptops have crummy batteries, but compared to the last gen G751, its a smaller cell.

Dell 7559 Linus just reviewed has good battery life. Respectable 4 hours of browsing. But it's 960M. 

Yeah, i wished it was available with a 980M...  

Let me point out that my bad battery life statment is when gaming on battery... yes if your just surfing the web its gonna be alot longer.

And i have to ask... why and how the hell do people buy and game on a freaking 11"-13" laptop. I cant even use anything smaller then a 15.6" for just surfing the web and even that drives me nuts sometimes let alone gaming.

Let me point out that my bad battery life statment is when gaming on battery... yes if your just surfing the web its gonna be alot longer.

And i have to ask... why and how the hell do people buy and game on a freaking 11"-13" laptop. I cant even use anything smaller then a 15.6" for just surfing the web and even that drives me nuts sometimes let alone gaming.

Yeah im looking for 17,3 or 15,6. But some gaming notebooks have REALLY crummy cells, as they are designed to be plugged in all the time. 

You COULD build a battery pack with the same voltage as the output of your charger. Then plug that in for extra battery life. Thats what i did for my GS70. I have an extra 392 watt hours in a back up battery so its basicly like gaming off AC power

Yeah im looking for 17,3 or 15,6. But some gaming notebooks have REALLY crummy cells, as they are designed to be plugged in all the time. 

http://www.mysn.de/xmg-pro-gaming-notebooks/xmg-p506

I'm getting about 4 hours out of this without gaming.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

• 1 month later...

Though it has ~3 hours of battery life, the GS60 Ghost Pro does have a 970M and a 1080p IPS display(No g-sync), steel series keyboard. Quad Core i7 6700HQ (skylake). It has a 128gb ssd and 1TB 7200 RPM HDD. Microsoft(with a  student or business discount) has it for around 1530. Bad battery life sucks, but a deal like that phew that sounds good. If not chance out the p35wV5, it has a sweet 970m 6GB for a 1080p display.