Australia Liberal Party to adopt UK filter if elected

The Australian Liberal party has vowed to introduce an internet censor by default on the Australian population if they are elected, very much like the UK filter that was recently introduced. That is another nail in the coffin for internet freedoms. This is the same party that has said it will stop the Fibre Network Infrastructure (NBN) being currently built around Australia.

http://www.zdnet.com/au/australian-opposition-vows-to-implement-internet-filter-by-default-7000020270/

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

that filter is not as bad as it sounds, you can disable it with one phonecall.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

And they call themselves the "Liberal" party. Vote for K Rudd!!! He'll get us the proper NBN instead of a shitty cut down version.

although I disagree with the filter, and i think it should be inverted, that you can enable it with a call, its not like they are blocking every site they can

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

that filter is not as bad as it sounds, you can disable it with one phonecall.

for some odd reason it seems impossible for most people.....

the UK version requires u to go to their website

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

http://www.iwantmynbn.com.au/

Don't even consider Liberal :P

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

for some odd reason it seems impossible for most people.....

"hello. yes... i would like to watch.... you know.... adult entertainment"

although I disagree with the filter, and i think it should be inverted, that you can enable it with a call, its not like they are blocking every site they can

the idea behind this is that most parents dont care what their children do online

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

the idea behind this is that most parents dont care what their children do online

and you think parents dont watch"adult entertainment"? and children cant really be monitored on the internet after the age of 14, thats legally in my country.

And they call themselves the "Liberal" party. Vote for K Rudd!!! He'll get us the proper NBN instead of a shitty cut down version.

It is still a shitty cut down version compared to what the rest of the world is getting...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

It is still a shitty cut down version compared to what the rest of the world is getting...

Still many times better than Liberal's plan

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Nah, we get FTTH though. Yeah, they'll restrict it but we can potentially and eventually get gigabit speeds. Liberal's only putting in FTTN. Can't complain!

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

Indeed. Liberals plan uses copper to homes. I doubt it would be any faster than what I've already got

At least it would be better than Mr. Abbots copper mess.

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.0GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC GHz Edition | Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz

At least it would be better than Mr. Abbots copper mess.

Indeed. Liberals plan uses copper to homes. I doubt it would be any faster than what I've already got

Nah, we get FTTH though. Yeah, they'll restrict it but we can potentially and eventually get gigabit speeds. Liberal's only putting in FTTN. Can't complain!

Man, i get 1Mb down and 100Kb up as it is.... I would be happy for ANY upgrade....

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

It's a fibre/copper hybrid. At least to the 'nodes'. Then it will be as slow as always coming out of the nodes. I don't doubt that most Australian's on this website have faster broadband than the proposed speed already.

EDIT@hehehehhehehehe After you have it then you will complain still... Probably, it's not overly quick

EDIT 2: Your name is a nightmare to type....

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I SERIOUSLY don't understand how anybody could be voting for the liberals, I mean seriously. I know who I'm voting for on Saturday.

http://dontbeafuckingidiot.herokuapp.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB7hYWTnak8

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I SERIOUSLY don't understand how anybody could be voting for the liberals, I mean seriously. I know who I'm voting for on Saturday.

http://dontbeafuckingidiot.herokuapp.com/

Don't forget this video too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmD-uFgcvbU

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Palmer United?

Lol, they'll be high up on the preference  ;) Labor this round, screw that mong Tony Abbot.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

OMFG NO SERIOUSLY WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD VOTE FOR THAT STUPID DOG ABBOTT!!

Businesses.

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Businesses.

Idiots.

Idiots.

Them too. I already had my little dig at Liberal though

I am good at computer

Spoiler

300kbp/s down and 100kbp/s up I WANT MY FIBRE NOW! I will not stop using the internet the day I get my fibre, but untill then i will keep screaming and 360p video buffering

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.