Replacing the WaterBlock on EK Predator Question

If I went ahead and replaced the Waterblock that comes with the EK Predator. Would I have to do maintenance on it once a year like custom Loops? Or once everything is tightly secured it will remain like other AIO on the market which means it will be maintenance free?

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

You could probably seal it up and leave it. The ZMT tubing helps prevent evaporation. However, doing maintenance on it once in a while wouldn't hurt and can even help improve performance.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

You could probably seal it up and leave it. The ZMT tubing helps prevent evaporation. However, doing maintenance on it once in a while wouldn't hurt and can even help improve performance.

I would do maintenance on it ever 2 to 3 years. Like the manual said. I really don't want to crack it open ever 12 months.It wasn't easy getting that AIO into my case.

I would do maintenance on it ever 2 to 3 years. Like the manual said. I really don't want to crack it open ever 12 months.It wasn't easy getting that AIO into my case.

The block the Predator comes with is a custom Cpu block for a custom cpu loop.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

I know it's recommended to replace tubing, fluids, and clean the blocks every year but most people end up leaving it for 18 months or even 2 years before doing maintenance and it's usually fine. Just make sure you're using the right kind of fluid that has a long shelf life that's non corrosive and anti microbial. Make sure you check your fittings every so often and tighten them to make sure the tubes don't loosen over time due to heat exposure.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

I know it's recommended to replace tubing, fluids, and clean the blocks every year but most people end up leaving it for 18 months or even 2 years before doing maintenance and it's usually fine. Just make sure you're using the right kind of fluid that has a long shelf life that's non corrosive and anti microbial. Make sure you check your fittings every so often and tighten them to make sure the tubes don't loosen over time due to heat exposure.

Would just basic distilled water work? I don't need any fancy color in the color.

Would just basic distilled water work? I don't need any fancy color in the color.

If you use distilled water, you're going to have to change the fluid every 6 months to a year at least. You should look at EK's manual and buy the recommended fluid for their unit. You don't have to buy a coloured one, the clear one works too.

If you use distilled water, you're going to have to change the fluid every 6 months to a year at least. You should look at EK's manual and buy the recommended fluid for their unit. You don't have to buy a coloured one, the clear one works too.

Ok, Will take a look at it. Right now I was thinking about CPU block.

The block the Predator comes with is a custom Cpu block for a custom cpu loop.

I know I wasn't sure if EK did something to seal it. If Removing the CPU would break the seal and make me do maintenance every year.

I know I wasn't sure if EK did something to seal it. If Removing the CPU would break the seal and make me do maintenance every year.

They didn't do anything like that, it's just normal compression fittings on the block.

I would just try to save the fluid if you're planning on using the stock zmt tubing again. Just top off with distilled water if you don't have quite enough to refill it. Having an additive will help with maintenance intervals.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

I use the clear ekoolant in my system and haven't had any issues. The stuff is cheap, $10 for a litre and that would fill your system up twice.