Blender and Awesomebump PC build

Go to solution Solved by stconquest,
6 minutes ago, Rudolf_Rednose said:

Thing is now however that I don't trust the fans to work properly when stressed to the max.

The Phanteks Enthoo Evolv atx Tempered Glass edition case has a fan hub powered by a Sata cable, and a line in that I'm supposed to connect to the CPU_FAN connector on the motherboard.

My CPU cooler has two fans though with 4pin cables. The Fan hub has 3pin output connectors to the case fans and they want me to connect the CPU fans on it aswell.

A 4 pin cable to a 3 pin fan hub?

Now I've got the two cpu fans connected with a 4pin Y cable that came with the Noctua cooler connected to CPU_Fan on the motherboard and the 4pin input cable of the fan hub with all the case fans connected to it attatched to Syst_Fan 2 on the motherboard.

Is that to much for one connector to handle? Manual said that the SATA cable should not be attatched if you use another port than the CPU_FAN connector.

I think you have it right.  I would not plug the hub into the CPU_FAN.  The cooler should be there.

The hub is powered separately, so the motherboard socket will not have to deal with extra voltage.

I have a family member that has the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, it has a hub too.  He has a problem with the rear exhaust fan not always spinning when it is connected to the hub... this is just a FYI.  He connected it straight to the motherboard.

Your motherboard has enough fan sockets for your fans... 4 total I think?  You can bypass the hub entirely should you see the need to.

A good little program to mess around with fan speeds and set fan curves is Speedfan.  It is simple and effective.  It has been around a long time.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

I have a fan controller, so I only use speedfan for the CPU cooler fan.  I have it to display my CPU temp on the lower right all the time:

G88Emp8.png

Thanks.

But how do I connect the 3 pin cables on the case fans to the 4 pin connectors on the Motherboard?

I thought this would be a recipy for mismatch if a mobo and a case battle for over who gets total fans domination.

Support at Phanteks said to connect the cpu cooler to the hub.......but I'd trust a motherboard designer like Gigabyte  more to get cooling right than than a case designer.

1 hour ago, Rudolf_Rednose said:

Thanks.

But how do I connect the 3 pin cables on the case fans to the 4 pin connectors on the Motherboard?

I thought this would be a recipy for mismatch if a mobo and a case battle for over who gets total fans domination.

Support at Phanteks said to connect the cpu cooler to the hub.......but I'd trust a motherboard designer like Gigabyte  more to get cooling right than than a case designer.

3-pin connectors easily fit onto 4-pin sockets.  There should even be little indentations in the plastic to indicate what socket pin will be unused.

I would keep the CPU cooler separate from the case fan control as well.

• 3 months later...

YEY!!!

Look at the beauty!

Runs like a charm. 

Thanks again everyone that helped this noob out here, especially Stconquest.

IMG_1320.JPG