If you have a GIGABYTE GA-43-ES3G DDR2 come here

So if you have that motherboard, I would like to ask you what RAM do you have installed, especially if you have Kingston KVR800D2N6/4G, but whatever you have tell me the exact model and manufacturer, because I will buy one of these MOBO's, and I want to have at least 8GB RAM.That's it.I will be active for quite some time here so just tell me it.

What are the chances of a member out of the 800 online members on a tech forum having a super outdated motherboard?

I assume you are buying one of these because you have financial problems

It's a board that supports DDR2 ram, so any 8gb combination of similar speed DDR2 will probably work on that board

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

Also it is not that easy with DDR2,there is A LOT of compability problems because of density and shit, I have a 8 GB kit with two of the KVR800D2N6/4G RAM and it doesn't work on my current mobo,I will however get that MOBO and get 4 2gb sticks because i don't want compability problems again but i was just curious.

better get an asus p5kc(4 ddr2 slots, 2 ddr3 slots) if you are on the 775 socket, paired with a xeon 5450 and  8gb 1333mhz ddr3 ram , since single 4gb ddr2 dimms (and 2x2) tend to be more expensive nowadays than any ddr3 ram kits.

Also it is not that easy with DDR2,there is A LOT of compability problems because of density and shit, I have a 8 GB kit with two of the KVR800D2N6/4G RAM and it doesn't work on my current mobo,I will however get that MOBO and get 4 2gb sticks because i don't want compability problems again but i was just curious.

The site has changed....

I have a Q6600, and the Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G is 40 where I eant to buy it, how much is it around, for eg eBay, no Amazon or anything else, they don't ship to my country if it is on AliExpress then things are good.

Also I said that I have two 4GB Kingston KVR800D2N6/4G, which don't work with my current mobo.

And I bought that kit for 15€,and got the money back for him saying that it is compatible with my mobo without checking, but the RAM works.

So if you have that motherboard, I would like to ask you what RAM do you have installed, especially if you have Kingston KVR800D2N6/4G, but whatever you have tell me the exact model and manufacturer, because I will buy one of these MOBO's, and I want to have at least 8GB RAM.That's it.I will be active for quite some time here so just tell me it.

RTFM

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3484#

Click "Memory Support List" link. It will list all the compatible kits for the MOBO.

Here:

post-115561-0-57876400-1453566002_thumb.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

The memory was in my current mobo's compability list but Kingston and a bunch of other proof say that it isn't @runit3

The memory was in my current mobo's compability list but Kingston and a bunch of other proof say that it isn't @runit3

WHERE are you getting the information that the kit will not work?

The exact kit is on the QVL for the board, I don't know what more you would need to feel confident in using it with that board. The only variation comes from BIOS revisions that could provide support for more kits, i.e. BIOS FE won't support it, but F9 will (FE/F9 are just examples).

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Because I now have an AsRock G31M-S REV 2.0 which has the memory on the list, but it didn't work on my board and Kingston says it isn't supposed to, that is why I can't rely on that list, but it isn't THAT important, it is just a HUGE plus if the kit works @runit3.

Because I now have an AsRock G31M-S REV 2.0 which has the memory on the list, but it didn't work on my board and Kingston says it isn't supposed to, that is why I can't rely on that list, but it isn't THAT important, it is just a HUGE plus if the kit works @runit3.

Are they dual sided or single sided? (chips on both sides of the RAM, or only on one side)

Doule sided, and they have a lot of chips, 16 on each side. @runit3

What BIOS version are you running?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G31M-S%20R2.0/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

None of them mention additional RAM support, but they could have just not been specific about it. Have you contacted ASRock? They would be the people to take up the issue with, as they are the ones who validated the kit for that particular board.

I have a similar board, max RAM support is 8GB so your best bet is getting 4x2gb sticks, I have a 4x2GB Crucial kit and it works like a champ. Sorry if I said something you already know or if that is not the question your asking.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

@runit3 I have contacted AsRock and they said they tested same board, cpu, ram and ut worjed but they are lying im sure, @iHardware Shelden please tell me mobo and ram model.

And also that is my plan if i get the gigabyte mobo @iHardware Shelden

Only LGA 775 gigabyte board I have right now is the one in my signature, all my other boards use DDR2 and I have moved the Crucial sticks between all of them and had not problems. If you get a speed of 667Mhz or 800Mhz you should be 100% fine, only times were it really comes into play is when you are using DDR3 such as the mobo in my signature that is well known to be picky with the RAM it supports. So make sure they are all the same brand and from the same kit and you should be fine, even if not you should be good also :)

@iHardware Shelden Thanks. Also do you want to join a WhatsApp group with some LinusTechTips fans? If yes my number is +38971209338.@runit3 @jimakos234 @comefightme you are invited too.

No problem, I will make sure to check it out, currently on a flip phone to try and limit my phone use for a while but once I go back I will make sure to check it out :)