Build-Off #4 (Cheapest Build With a Titan X in it.)

Codymm03
Go to solution Solved by comicsansms,

CPU: AMD 2650 1.45Ghz Dual-Core Processor  ($25.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: ECS KAM1-I(1.0) Mini ITX AM1 Motherboard  ($16.98 @ Newegg) 

Memory: Kingston 2GB (1 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($11.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card  ($999.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $1112.93

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-23 00:00 EST-0500

I hate to be "that guy" but why a titan x and not a 980 ti? I only ask because this is a "cheapest build" thread and the 980 ti offers literally the same performance give or take 1fps (seriously) and is half the cost. So if money is such a big deal you are willing to use a psu that might give you superpowers or burn your house down I don't understand why you would be willing to just burn $500 for literally 0% performance gain.

Because this thread isnt for suggestions and no one gives a shit about performance as evidenced by the AMD CPUS and C2D's.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Case comes with one.

Sorry didn't notice that your good then.

I hope you don't think people are physically building these. 

I'm just curious what the point of this hypothetical build is. Seems like people might actually be interested (highly so) in the cheapest top of the line gaming build, instead of the "no one is ever going to build this and your house is going to burn down, now with bottlenecking" build.

I'm just curious what the point of this hypothetical build is. Seems like people might actually be interested (highly so) in the cheapest top of the line gaming build, instead of the "no one is ever going to build this and your house is going to burn down, now with bottlenecking" build.

Some people like a challenges and if you patrol around the form you find a lot of good builds so they are not a challenge. I have also done more normal Build Offs http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/431753-ltt-build-off-thread-not-a-penny-needed/.

look three above your post

So my build isn't going to win since it has a top tier GPU and the cheapest of everything else?

No the challenge to is have the cheapest so you have a really good chance right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that the contest is over and all and I hate to be that guy but Linus Senpai has taught me too well so yeaaa...

On 1/23/2016 at 10:36 PM, Codymm03 said:

Voting: No voting just based on price.