SteelSeries QcK Mini Mouse Mat With Diablo 3 Design

spellmanuk

This is a review of my experience with the SteelSeires QcK Mini Mouse Mat after a year of use.

here is a picture of the one i bought as i got it with a diablo 3 graphic for two reasons

1 it was cheaper than a blank one weirdly (at least at the time)

2 i love diablo 3

post-218261-0-48869000-1453506310_thumb.

Let me do the obligatory im not sponsored or paid to say any of this, it was paid for by me with my money and steel series have nothing to do with this.

General Impressions

So I bought This mouse mat as i was in dire need of one after switching desks from a solid black plastic desk that tracked well to a wooden desk that didn't track so very well, also I had been told off my friends for "not preserving the sensor on the bottom of the mouse" which personally i think is BS as my mouse mat is probably the dirtiest thing on my desk (ill come on to that later). I saw edzel's video i believe on either mouse pads or logitech mice where he recommended this one in particular so i went for it since it only cost about £6 for blank and £4 for the diablo 3 edition ($8.56 and $5.70 respectively) so i went for it, it tracks well, obviously a big thing when it comes to mice mats as it the key feature and it has a nice about of resistance to where you can make big strokes of movements fairly fast but also have pretty good fine movements when say using a sniper rife in GTA V or COD and if you mouse slips out of you hand coz your hands are sweaty from try harding it doesn't fly across the table and comes to a stop fairly quickly.

The Rubber underneath benefits in two ways,  Makes the thing a bit spongy and nice feeling and makes it almost impossible to move by pushing on it at an angle from the top although however i have found since it is flexible as you put pressure on certain parts with the mouse it can slowly shift across the desk without you noticing. The print quality of the graphic is pretty much perfect with no sings of wearing out or fading at all and this also a licensed blizzard product so i would expect it to be this way. However the edges of the top layer of materal on the mouse mat have started to show sings of pealing back in particular the middle bottom edge where my wrist sits. hoever for £4 i'm not to fussed at buying a new one at sompoint. I also found that the pad does occationaly gath things such as crumbs, dust and other loose particles of things farily easy although to remove them to pick it up and give it a good whack off the desk and it usually removes them.

post-218261-0-78192500-1453507838_thumb.

Pros

1. Super Affordable
  2. good tracking
  3. reasonable size(appox 4 razer nagas wide and 2 tall) 
  4. wont go anywhere once you put it on the desk
  5. nice middle ground in terms of restiveness
  6. good quality print
  7. officially licensed by blizzard

Cons

1. can gather dust and dirt easy (although it is easy to remove also)
  2. has started to peal on bottom edge 

Would I Recommend It?

Well yes, in fact I bought my whole family them as they all kept complaining of mouse problems turns out laser mice don't work to well on a glass desk, its a no thrills does the job right mouse pad that is inexpensive enough to replace easily if damaged. If you need a mouse mat as much as i'm a razer fan boy please don't spend £50 on a mouse mat that's just as good as this £6/£4 one.

also im going to bed coz its almost 1 am so sorry if im non respondent 

I lurk a lot