NEW MECHANICAL KEYBOARD 2016

Jessop

WOW - just saw my NEW Keyboard for 2016

ASUS ROG Claymore - 

WALKS ALL OVER EVERYTHING ELSE  - this is what Corsair should have made instead of the plastic cheap looking Strafe 

ASUS ROG Claymore - ALL Aluminum Casing - Cherry MX - IN BLUE !!!! brown red .... - NO MEDIA Transport keys - 16.8 mill colours - NO Flickering

Finally -  I've been waiting for someone to finally see that an all aluminium case rocks - the only media key really useful is the volume wheel - the transport controls for music do not belong on a keyboard - they make it look gimmicky and cheap - thats why I stayed away from the K70 RGB - it was a half baked potato - I HATE !!!! media control keys on the K70 - but I love the volume wheel

​And finally - The ability to select if u want the numbed on the right next to the mouse - on the left - OR - just go ten keyless - 

Master Stroke by the ROG Team - 

I'm a Believer in ROG - 

till now I was on the side looking at them as if they were another company just looking for profit - 

EG - Razer Blackwidow Chroma - 

Great Idea and Design BUT - with MAJOR Flaws ( BTW - I have the Razer Chroma blackwidow with Razer Greens and the Original K70 ) no RGB ) 

Here's all the flaws of the Razer Chroma Blackwidow 

ALL Plastic

Khail switches - Definitely not as Good as cherry - I have both on hand - cherry is Better !!!!

the headphone Jack and USB Passthrough are on the right hand side right next to where most ppl put their mouse

the caps lock / scroll lock / num lock Indicator lights are obscured under thick plastic and hardly visible - Design fault 100 %

the key caps are rubbish cheap paper thin plastic - 

to sum it all up 

this could have been a great keyboard - the Design is good except for the placement of the headphone / mic / usb 

two MAIN things that could have really made the Razer black widow chroma GREAT 

cherry MX Switches  - Doubleshot PBT / ABS Keycaps 

the rest i can live with

the Crappy Paper thin Plastic Keycaps and the Khail - Knockoff cherry switches I Cant 

i still use the Blackwidow and the K70 - alternating between the 2

Now Im drooling and waiting for the day I get my Hands on the 

ASUS ROG Claymore - Cherry MX blues or Browns !!! - CANT WAIT !!!!!!!

THANK YOU ASUS   !!!!!! THANK YOU ROG TEAM !!!!!!!!

ASUS ROCKS !!!!! - 

Thank you ASUS !!!!!!!

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

lol there are already pretty good aluminium framed keyboards out there, theyre just not that mainstream/known like the usual razer.. cra..stuff. check out /r/mechanicalkeyboards

the claymore looks promising for a cherry board tho. looking forward to it altough im used to my topre board for years now :-/

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

No numpad? No deal.

it has a detachable numpad, thats what makes it so interesting imho

Fire Strike Score

But... But... Numpad and media keys... NOOOO WHERE HAVE YOU GONE!!!!

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

Detachable Numpad - Aluminium body - NO MEDIA CONTROL KEYS - Looks like volume Scroll wheel on top of numpad

Claymore-a.png

But... But... Numpad and media keys... NOOOO WHERE HAVE YOU GONE!!!!

Good riddance to the media Keys - it a keyboard not a music control gimmick Centre 

I Think there's a volume Scroll wheel on top of the Detachable numpad

Claymore-a.png

Good riddance to the media Keys - it a keyboard not a music control gimmick Centre 

I Think there's a volume Scroll wheel on top of the Detachable numpad

Claymore-a.png

Ah. I do not agree with this  keyboard not a music control gimmick Centre but I do not ever use the skip and stop keys on my k70. BUT I love my volume wheel AND mute button. Are these on the corsair board? If so im all in!

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

well if youre on a asus rog board you can use asus' keybot to expand the macro functionality and make use of media hotkeys

Fire Strike Score

I'm gonna go on the limb here and say this is a K65 RGB?

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

Ah. I do not agree with this  keyboard not a music control gimmick Centre but I do not ever use the skip and stop keys on my k70. BUT I love my volume wheel AND mute button. Are these on the corsair board? If so im all in!

BTW - it's a Asus ROG board - I think they included a volume control scroll wheel on top of the detachable numbed.

This board looks really good - aluminium with some kind of pattern that makes it stand out from the crowd - Exposed  / top mounted keys like the corsair K70.

cherry MX blues will be available - as well as reds , browns and even blacks .

Overall it's the board I've been waiting for 

the only thing i might do after getting one is order a double Shot PBT Keycap set 

Then its a desert island keyboard 

Probably will go with blues or browns but if this keyboard turns out to be as good as it look i'll probably land up getting a blue and a brown version and maybe a red somewhere down the line 

I love changing keyboards every few weeks to keep the excitement level up 

Claymore-a.png

Happy that you found your new keyboard, but I am really curious as to what the practical value of being able to change the position of the numpad is. When would you ever do that and why?

Also the k70 has an aluminium frame, and the media keys are barely noticable since they are much lower than the regular keys but to each his own :).

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

I'm gonna go on the limb here and say this is a K65 RGB?

It's the New Asus Claymore ROG 2016 RGB keyboard with detachable Numpad 

Claymore-a.png

BTW - it's a Asus ROG board - I think they included a volume control scroll wheel on top of the detachable numbed.

This board looks really good - aluminium with some kind of pattern that makes it stand out from the crowd - Exposed  / top mounted keys like the corsair K70.

cherry MX blues will be available - as well as reds , browns and even blacks .

Overall it's the board I've been waiting for 

the only thing i might do after getting one is order a double Shot PBT Keycap set 

Then its a desert island keyboard 

Probably will go with blues or browns but if this keyboard turns out to be as good as it look i'll probably land up getting a blue and a brown version and maybe a red somewhere down the line 

I love changing keyboards every few weeks to keep the excitement level up 

Claymore-a.png

every tried a topre? id recommend it. love my hhkb pro 2 and leopolf FC660C

Fire Strike Score

Happy that you found your new keyboard, but I am really curious as to what the practical value of being able to change the position of the numpad is. When would you ever do that and why?

Also the k70 has an aluminium frame, and the media keys are barely noticable since they are much lower than the regular keys but to each his own :).

i can see left handed people use it on the left side or even bind the numpad as a gamepad for macro keys

if i remember correctly microsoft had a ergonomic keyboard with a detachable numpad in the past too.

Fire Strike Score

you have a valid point - there's no real reason I would want to swap around the numpad - other than keeping the product interesting to mess around with.

The K70 RGB is a GREAT keyboard - make no mistake - 

I personally don't think media control keys belong on a keyboard - looks kinda Gimmicky to me - But i LOVE the volume scroll wheel - I have a corsair K70 non RGB and the Volume scroll wheel is A must IMHO

what I don't like about the K70 RGB is the fact that there is a flickering LED problem when layering lighting effects in 16.8 m colour mode

that was the deal breaker for me  - it kinda made me think that there was an unfixable design flaw  - 

anyway - this new Claymore ROG looks just PERFECT to my eyes - The pattern on the Aluminum top is gorgeous - the Scroll wheel ( if it is that ) on top of the numpad is Perfect.

the ability to remove and swap numpad from left to right is an interesting option - always wanted to feel what the mouse feels like if it closer in but without sacrificing the numpad itself -

I play a lot of WOW and I use the numpad for various macro commands etc ....

bottom line - 

This is the keyboard I've been waiting for .

When the K70 RGB came out - I almost bought it till I saw the LED Flickering problems .

When the Strafe RGB came out I almost bought it - till I realised I don't want a plastic keyboard - it just feels like a compromise to keep price down

i have a business - I have money - I'm not trying to save pennies - I want quality - I want What I can afford - 

I love this Claymore ROG - thank you ASUS - Thank you to the ROG Team for reading my mind - going into my dreams and making my dream keyboard !!

I'm sure a lot of ppl are going to comment about Das 4 professional - Ducky Shine 5 - Topre Realforce.

I've researched all these keyboards and all of them have things I don't like

Das 4 - looks like an office / graphic design tool that belongs in a grey office - it's Looks don't turn me on

Ducky Shine 5 - All Plastic , No volume Scroll wheel 

Topre Realforce - sounds and looks good but same problem as the others - No aluminium top - no volume scroll wheel ....

For the record .

I am in no way affiliated with Asus in any way whatsoever .

I live in South Africa and have never been in touch with Asus EVER !!

This keyboard looks like something I would have had custom built for me by a private tech ... 

Seriously - it's kinda freaky how I can look at this and think - WOW - my dream come true LOL

It really looks like Asus had a brainstorming Session - looked at all the strengths of the competition - took all the best from everyone else and in one masterstroke created an awesome product.

One thing only i would have wished for BUT - its easily bought and modded by me .

Double Shot PBT keycaps :)  or at least Double Shot ABS keycaps.

I own a Razer Chroma Blackwidow as well  and probably the worst thing about it are the paper thin brittle feeling plastic keycaps. - and the Khail switches - 

Claymore-a.png

all the positive things i can see on the ASUS Claymore ROG

Floating Exposed Keys - Plate mounted on aluminium - easy to blow clean with a hairdryer / blower etc...

Gorgeous pattern on the Aluminium top

Cherry MX keys available in Red , Brown, Black  AND BLUE - yes BLUE Cherry MX for those that like clicky noisy keys !

RGB lighting

LED encased in plastic to eliminate electrostatic discharge and LED failure

Scroll wheel for volume control ( not confirmed but it looks like it )

Removable Keypad - useful for ppl that don't want to buy a ten keyless keyboard

Braided USB Cable

Overall Awesome looking Keyboard - Well done ASUS - !!!!!!

If you use them for macro's that would indeed be a usefull feature, hadn't thought about that myself since I never use macro's. I also have the K70 non RGB, so I didn't know about the led problems. It does seem, however, that this keyboard doesn't have a wrist rest which is a major drawback imo. 

I really love the volume scrolling wheel as wel, it's awesome :D.

It's nice to see someone throughly excited for a product (and especially something like a keyboard) who just wants to share his enthousiasm.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Honestly, I think the "best of both worlds" approach to TKL/TK has been filled optimally by CM Storm QuickFire TK. It's the size of a TKL, has a numpad and doesn't lose the arrow keys. The downsides of the QuickFire TK would be lack of an RGB version and the variant backplate colouring.

I think that anyone who can seriously use a Numpad would use it enough to make it being swappable an essentially meaningless thing. I use the Numpad for spreadsheets, calculator and some games (instead of arrow keys, I use 8456 on the Numpad for keyboard-only games) and while I use them infrequently, the situations where I use them are often very spur of the moment, so having to fiddle with a detachable Numpad would be fairly awkward.

The only real use I can see for this is as a macro keypad on the left side.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.