Just built new PC - no display or anything

Paul3971

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£199.96 @ More Computers)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler (£49.49 @ Ebuyer)

Motherboard: Asus Z170I PRO GAMING Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard (£124.78 @ Amazon UK)

Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£40.91 @ More Computers)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£61.98 @ Novatech)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB Double Dissipation Black Edition Video Card

Power Supply: Cooler Master 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Total: £477.12

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-21 18:22 GMT+0000

When I turn on the computer fans spin, motherboard lights come on, but no display appears on my monitor. It doesn't even recognise an input.

Have tried with and without the graphics card. Have checked all power connections are in.

Not really sure what to do

your monitor is on?

any error codes?

can you try igpu graphics?

your CPU 8 pin is plugged in?

ram inserted correctly?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

8 pin is in correctly.

Just reseated RAM so it's definitely in correctly.

I've tried integrated graphics and the video card graphics.

Monitor is on.

The light on my mouse also doesn't come on, if that means anything.

hmm does your graphics card has more outputs??? try to swap around if it does( use every you find ) and also does the speakir beeps when you boot it ??? (if it does POST) 

If the light from your mouse doesnt come on its either your power supply or your motherboard. Probably your motherboard since you're not getting any video output or lights on the mouse.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

8 pin is in correctly.

Just reseated RAM so it's definitely in correctly.

I've tried integrated graphics and the video card graphics.

Monitor is on.

The light on my mouse also doesn't come on, if that means anything.

Moes lights should be the last think that you should worry about...

Take out your RAM and GPU.

Try to boot and see what you get.

Lol BOOT without ram and GPU xD( ok no gpu onboard graphics BUT WITH NO RAM ? :D)

Try to use a motherboard speaker if your MoBo doesn't have one...

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Lol BOOT without ram and GPU xD( ok no gpu onboard graphics BUT WITH NO RAM ? :D)

Yes, then shut it down, and put one stick in (if he has two or more sticks) and boot again. See what happens.

One step at a time, plug in one AIC at a time... I've seen it help a lot of people...

Yes, then shut it down, and put one stick in (if he has two or more sticks) and boot again. See what happens.

One step at a time, plug in one AIC at a time... I've seen it help a lot of people...

... can it damage somethink? like booting with no ram?? that would be the last think i would ever try its like boot without a CPU with ram inside...

Reseat RAMS? Have you isolated (using one ram at a time?)

No power on GPU?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

... can it damage somethink? like booting with no ram?? that would be the last think i would ever try its like boot without a CPU with ram inside...

No... How and why would it damage something?

And if you boot without a CPU then really, nothing happens...

Boot without RAM and you'll get a code saying you don't have any RAM installed. Which is a good sign, and is what you're looking for. You want to be sure the board can recognize that you have nothing in there, if it doesn't well then, heh.

So then you power it off and boot with one stick of RAM and see if it picks it up and if you get in to BIOS. Then add the rest of your RAM, and then add your GPU if everything is going well.

If nothing is working or displaying once you plugged your GPU in, you might have a bad GPU, or a bad power cable, or something. It's good to start from the bottom of the build to test out why you're not posting.

Check to see if your GPU's fans turn on, or if your GPU fans turn on only on load, check if they twitch (they should). If that doesn't help, see if both PCIe connectors are plugged in to BOTH your PSU and GPU.

If none of those work, I'd say its your motherboard doing some weird crap and you should open a support ticket to Newegg or NCIX or wherever you bought it from.

PC SETUP: | i5-4440 3.1 GHz | MSI Z97s Krait | EVGA GTX 970 | G.Skill Value 8GB | WDC Blue 500GB | NZXT S340

MOBILE SETUP: | Apple iPhone 6 | iOS 10b4 | Apple Watch Stainless Steel w/ Black Sport Band | WatchOS 3b4

Steam: chargerjake | Origin: chargerjake

Is the switch on the back of the PSU on?

Laws only govern the honest.

Boot without RAM and you'll get a code saying you don't have any RAM installed. Which is a good sign, and is what you're looking for. You want to be sure the board can recognize that you have nothing in there, if it doesn't well then, heh.

HA THERE IT IS xD how would someone know that mobo willl know that there is no ram xD (ok maybe most of new generation of the mobos does have that feature xD)

Okay so I just gave the RAM a little extra push, and now it all works. My bad guys, thought the RAM was in once the latch clicked.

Thanks everyone!

HA THERE IT IS xD how would someone know that mobo willl know that there is no ram xD (ok maybe most of new generation of the mobos does have that feature xD)

Basically all motherboards have this feature..

Okay so I just gave the RAM a little extra push, and now it all works. My bad guys, thought the RAM was in once the latch clicked.

Thanks everyone!

Glad to hear you're up and running :)