Want quieter system... new fans and/or controller?

So the title pretty much says it all. I have this system: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/royalba94/saved/P3vrxr  and I'm not sure the best thing to do to make it quieter.

I am planning on getting an NZXT Hue+ whenever possible (everywhere is out of stock) so I was considering getting some Noiseblocker B12-P fans (Love the white blades, goes with my white theme) and calling it decent but I'm thinking I maybe should get some kind of a fan controller too? (the built in one is pretty meh)

Anyway, Let me know what ya'll think. Thanks!

If they are 4-pin fans then you wouldnt need a fan controller, your motherboard will handle them automatically, or you can set a fan curve

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

You good with a soldering iron? I have a schematic for a DIY fan controller that works on 2/3/4 pin fans, and it can run in fanless mode if the temp is low enough. My system is fanless while browsing the web (it is watercooled)

You good with a soldering iron? I have a schematic for a DIY fan controller that works on 2/3/4 pin fans, and it can run in fanless mode if the temp is low enough. My system is fanless while browsing the web (it is watercooled)

ehh, I could get the job done. How involved/detailed is it?

ehh, I could get the job done. How involved/detailed is it?

Its really quite simple:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/475534-schematic-so-i-built-a-fan-controller-and-i-absolutely-love-it/

No integrated circuits, no microcontroller, just discrete components

Test it on the breadboard first.

I would just use the shitty fan controller you already have, and buy one 4pin fan

Put the fan controller on the lowest setting, put the stock fans in the front, and then put the 4pin fan in the back

That is what i did anyway, and now its really silent compared to before

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

Its really quite simple:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/475534-schematic-so-i-built-a-fan-controller-and-i-absolutely-love-it/

No integrated circuits, no microcontroller, just discrete components

Test it on the breadboard first.

do you have links for where to get the components? I might try it but I really don't have much of a clue when it comes to building circuits, could be fun to try though.

do you have links for where to get the components? I might try it but I really don't have much of a clue when it comes to building circuits, could be fun to try though.

I would look on a website called www.mouser.com the shipping is a bit much, but it is insanely quick, at least for me in the muricas. I am at school at the moment and do not have a whole lot of time, but I could create a parts list for you after school today if you would like.

I would just use the shitty fan controller you already have, and buy one 4pin fan

Put the fan controller on the lowest setting, put the stock fans in the front, and then put the 4pin fan in the back

That is what i did anyway, and now its really silent compared to before

yeah, thing is I have to turn the fans down every time I restart or power on my computer and they really don't go down that low... <shrugs>

I would look on a website called www.mouser.com the shipping is a bit much, but it is insanely quick, at least for me in the muricas. I am at school at the moment and do not have a whole lot of time, but I could create a parts list for you after school today if you would like.

A parts list would be awesome (that way I don't screw up and get the wrong parts :) )

Have you identified which components are noisy?

If they are 4-pin fans then you wouldnt need a fan controller, your motherboard will handle them automatically, or you can set a fan curve

Both 4pin and 3pin fans would both work this way. The only difference is that pwm allows for a finer degree of control.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.