Msi gt70 gpu headache

Haswell_rasperry_pi

About a year ago i bought a used msi gt70-2odthat turned out to have a nonworking gpu,kinda. The specs are killer wireless/bluetooth, gtx780m, intel i7 4700mq, 12 gigs of ddr3, and a 1tb hdd. After purchasing this thing, I decided that buying a new gpu would do the trick. I bought a used gtx 880m from poland. When it arrived, i immediately installed it. Didnt work either. At first i got mad that i just bought a broken card, but one day after fiddling around with the bluetooth drivers one day (the bluetooth adapter in device manager was intermittent), the new gtx 880m suddenly appeared! I played around with some benchmarks and installed the nvidia drivers. I restarted the pc and the gpu was no longer detected by device manager. I gave up for a few months completely comfused. The same thing happened a week ago when i was fiddling around in device manager. I was reinstalling different things from before and the gpu came up. I restart and its gone. Then 3 Days ago, i was fiddling around the bios boot settings and found that in UEFI mode the system information would detect the intel haswell controller (intel hd graphics). Thats no good. In UEFI with CSM mode, it would detect "unknown driver". In Legacy mode, it would detect the IGFX card with the correct model number. I got excited for a little bit until I got the bombshell that my windows 8 install is not compatable with legacy mode. I have already flashed both the ec and bios.

What is wrong with my notebook and how do i fix it?

In short, i have a graphics card that has only worked twice in about 10 months, and the bios only detects the gpu in legacy mode.

Windows 8

Latest bios and ec

Gtx 880m

Gt70 2od

Maybe you have to backup and reinstall Windows...

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Maybe you have to backup and reinstall Windows...

I wouldnt think that it would fix the fact that the gpu will only work in legacy mode. Even though that would possibly allow me to boot windows in legacy mode. I dont have a windows 8 disc laying around.

maybe you can try installing windows 7 or 10, or 8.1 if windows 8 doesn't work. otherwise you should try looking in the bios for an option like graphics mode and set it to discrete or something like that. you can also try installing windows from the beginning with legacy mode enabled from the start and then later enabling UEFI or something else

Good luck 

So, i reinstalled windows. Now the gpu is being detected about 15% of the time. It also has the error of "not enough resources to work properly"!

I seriously wish there was a little switch on the mobo that would physically disable intel hd graphics.