The Best Prebuilts!

Mohenjo

So im just curious about the best prebuilts you can find, they cant all be bad right? I also have one that i think is actually pretty good

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102075&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=PPSSRVHEXEKHAR-_-83-102-075-_-Product

I built it myself with almost all the same parts (aside from hard drive and SSD) and i was amazed at the results.

This should work 

Fixed again because i put the wrong GPU 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/T9jFQ7

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Never

Ever

Ever

EVER

Buy from cyberpower

If you are anyone else other than King Linus of Techtips, you will have a bad time... their customer service is horrible, and half the time if you send a pc to them it comes back with a dent in it or something. I know, because i have a 1 inch dent in my tower...

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

link doesn`t work

fixed it, my bad 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

fixed it, my bad 

still doesn`t work for me, I meant the PCpartpicker link

to game or not to game, that`s the question

still doesn`t work for me, I meant the PCpartpicker link

works fine now for me

nvm still redirected to /partslist

you have to manually enter in after /p/8MGCGX

Never

Ever

Ever

EVER

Buy from cyberpower

If you are anyone else other than King Linus of Techtips, you will have a bad time... their customer service is horrible, and half the time if you send a pc to them it comes back with a dent in it or something. I know, because i have a 1 inch dent in my tower...

What betid to thou speaking in old english?

works fine now for me

nvm still redirected to /partslist

you have to manually enter in after /p/8MGCGX

think i fixed it 

Never

Ever

Ever

EVER

Buy from cyberpower

But this isnt cyberpower 

I was looking at getting a pre-built when I moved from console, the LTT community showed me the light though :)

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

prebuilt aren`t that bad, but they aint good either, they are just for the people that don`t want to hassle with building/picking it themselves

but still want some power... yet they get ripped most of the time

And if you think about it they still make a ton of money, because they can get taxes back, get group buys, which is a lot cheaper and can get most parts

a whole lot cheaper, so their parts costs may be as low as 1100$ or even less

to game or not to game, that`s the question

I was looking at getting a pre-built when I moved from console, the LTT community showed me the light though :)

consoles are probably the best prebuilt you can get xD

There is a LTT Vessel video about a prebuilt Bestbuy computer. It wasn't bad and had good price/performance.

a while back i was in a position where i needed a new pc like, right at that moment, and i decided to go look for a prebuilt. with prices in my head of the vareous parts i set out to look for prebuilts that werent overpriced pieces of garbage.

now, just gonna add that my old tower had a HD5770 that disintegrated if it had more than 50% usage, and i had to purposely bottleneck games on he cpu side because vsync wasnt a thing either, and all my games ran at a decent framerate that way.

i found this acer prebuilt that was priced in the €700 range (take note, belgium is expensive...) with an i7 4770, GT640, 1TB HDD, 10GB ram.

once at home my first reaction was popping the side off to see whats *really* in there:

- power supply was an OEM piece of garbage offcourse, but has actually proved to be very reliable, and i wouldnt be surprised if they made 80+ gold if they cared to get a stamp on it, with how little power the thing uses from the wall.

- motherboard was eh, OEM, but it had both pci and pci-e expansion slots, with the single slot GT640 all thr way in the top, like we're used to.

- the cpu cooler was actually surprising, it wasnt a full featured tower cooler like this forum loves, but its from coolermaster, and certainly does a very good job at cooling the cpu, and doing so in a quiet manner.

- the hard drive... was an off the shelf 1TB seagate barracuda.

- the RAM, all 10GB of it (seriously acer...) was split between two 4GB dimms, and one 2GB dimm, with all the hate for that 2GB dimm, i've needed it before, and i'm actually happy its there. oh, and its crucial memory, just like you can buy in the store.

- the case was actually built quite well, certainly for a prebuilt.

- the GT640 is the 4GB DDR3 model, and its glorious xD

one downside to the thing i've noticed, and has caused me never to buy acer again, is they messed with the bios somehow, and it refuses to load up linux, whatever i try...

this is a german PCPP i got as close to the guts of the thing as possible: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/z6s2hM

should note, in belgium computers are at least a good 10% more expensive than germany.

I'd say if you can afford it then go with Origin. However I assume most users here know how to build their own PC's so it would be pointless. The only ones I've judged are cyberpower and ibuypower... ibuypower just seems shady as hell

System: i7 4790K, Hyper 212 EVO, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix, GTX 1070 Super clocked, MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition, Corsair RM 750, Corsair 750D (with 2 additional 140mm NZXT fans up top for exhaust.) 

In the UK, computers built by OCUK or Scan.

When buying from OCUK, you can get pre over clocked PCs that are covered by warranty which is a nice perk. Scan sell some amazing pre modded cases and watercooled PCs too.

Linus is my fetish.

I got my computer from CyberPower but I was actually there and built some of it too.  I got around 40% off because of my Uncle being close to them.