1. PC won't completely turn off 2. PC wakes up by itself.

vong

So I have 2 PC's, my main rig and my lounge rig.

Problem with my main rig is that it won't fully power off. I shut it down, screens go blank but it's still power so I have to manually shut it down. Recently put my system in a new case so I figure that's the cause but I don't exactly know what it is.

Problem with my lounge rig is that whenever it's been put to sleep it wakes up by itself randomly which I thought was spooky. Checked what was causing it to wake up and it says the power button :unsure:

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

So I have 2 PC's, my main rig and my lounge rig.

Problem with my main rig is that it won't fully power off. I shut it down, screens go blank but it's still power so I have to manually shut it down. Recently put my system in a new case so I figure that's the cause but I don't exactly know what it is.

Problem with my lounge rig is that whenever it's been put to sleep it wakes up by itself randomly which I thought was spooky. Checked what was causing it to wake up and it says the power button :unsure:

What do you mean by "it doesn't turn off?" like do the drives and fans still spin?

Also I had an issue like that with my desktop. Turned out that the network card was causing it to wake up. You can adjust what will wake the computer up in the power settings in the control panel.

What do you mean by "it doesn't turn off?" like do the drives and fans still spin?

Also I had an issue like that with my desktop. Turned out that the network card was causing it to wake up. You can adjust what will wake the computer up in the power settings in the control panel.

Yeah the fans still spin and lights are still on.

I'll have a look through the settings. Only recently started happening, haven't touched a setting or the insides since end of last year.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Hey, run CMD as admin and type the following. post back with the output.

powercfg -requests

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

Yeah the fans still spin and lights are still on.

I'll have a look through the settings. Only recently started happening, haven't touched a setting or the insides since end of last year.

Hmm. I'm not really sure what I would do about the desktop doing that. Perhaps leave it on overnight and see if it ever turns off? Or if it ever goes to BIOS?

As for the laptop, sometimes windows update can mess around with my settings. This happens to me periodically and it's really frustrating being woken up to a bright ass screen in the middle of the night. 

Hmm. I'm not really sure what I would do about the desktop doing that. Perhaps leave it on overnight and see if it ever turns off? Or if it ever goes to BIOS?

As for the laptop, sometimes windows update can mess around with my settings. This happens to me periodically and it's really frustrating being woken up to a bright ass screen in the middle of the night. 

He has to do what I said in my post above, I have this issue and I know how to fix it :)

Spoiler

Hey, run CMD as admin and type the following. post back with the output.

powercfg -requests

They both say the same thing.

DISPLAY:

None .

SYSTEM:

None .

AWAYMODE:

None .

They both say the same thing.

DISPLAY:

None .

SYSTEM:

None .

AWAYMODE:

None .

Try shutting it off now, or putting it to sleep.

Give it AT LEAST 2 minutes, on a timer :)

by the way, mine has different things on it

DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
None.

AWAYMODE:
None.

EXECUTION:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

Spoiler

-snip-

Main rig turned powered off as it should.

Put the lounge rid to sleep, just waiting to see if it wakes itself up.

Lounge PC just turned itself on.

Lounge PC just turned itself on.

Did both pc's output the same thing?

Spoiler

Did both pc's output the same thing?

Yep, I never put the main rig to sleep. Went through the network card settings and all were already set to not wake the system up on the lounge pc.

Yep, I never put the main rig to sleep. Went through the network card settings and all were already set to not wake the system up on the lounge pc.

Are you running windows 10?

6600k, Msi 980, Msi gaming m5, Corsair 8gb ddr4, Raid 0 Samsung 850 evo 250gb,1tb WD Black, Noctis 450

Are you running windows 10?

No, Windows 7.

Think the lounge rig might've resolved itself. Turn out I've been putting it into hibernation, windows must've swapped them around.