Sonic Studio II Problems audio

Go to solution Solved by SoySauce,

if you dont see any benefits in using the software why don't you uninstall it (or is it something you specifically got the mobo for?)

I cant unsintall it or cant see how to, however when I plug my headphones directly into the front I/O pannel the audio is fine but only when it is in the rear mobo panel does it have issues.

no idea why this is

very odd, I guess this is solved for the time being but thanks for your help anyway with this and replying quickly  :D  :ph34r:

Hi All,

Recently put together a new build.

OS Windows 10 64 bit - on samsung pro evo ssd 

i7 6700k - 4.2ghz currently

Asus Maximus Viii Hero mobo

Corsair RM850i PSU

16GB Corsair vengance DDR4 Ram 3000mhz

Corsair H100i GTX cooler cpu block

(still had the gtx 670 in for one more week or so)

The problem I am having is that my mobo seems to come with sonic studio ii, which is great if it didn't mess up my audio....

For example I will play Dirt Rally and cannot hear vocals such as a co driver or in Rainbox six siege I can only hear faint and echo sounding spoken words in the prolouge , I can see in the settings that all effects are off meaning I should hear everything normally but i dont.

All effects on will allow me to adjust each setting.

Anyone with experience who can solve this would be greatly appreciated, I can provide any more info on anything I have missed if needs be apologies in advance.

also if there is a way I don't mind getting rid of it all together and putting a basic one in that works.

Have you installed your motherboard drivers?

Yes all installed from the disk and as updated as possible. From disk and checked on manufactures website.

Im guessing the headphones/speakers/wires all work fine?

All working fine yeah, if it helps this is the board. It mentions sonic studio 2 and this is the programe I have problems with for audio. my previous board had a basic realtek audio driver provided by asus and it worked fine.

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/MAXIMUS-VIII-HERO/

does audio work fine in other programs eg youtube?

Fine in programs like that but in gaming mainly it is not playing audio correctly.

Looking into the options the re verb effect is what is causing the problem as it will only allow the choice of an effect which makes the person talking sound like they are in a toilette.

If I disable this effect I then loose the speech and some sound altogether. 

if you dont see any benefits in using the software why don't you uninstall it (or is it something you specifically got the mobo for?)

I cant unsintall it or cant see how to, however when I plug my headphones directly into the front I/O pannel the audio is fine but only when it is in the rear mobo panel does it have issues.

no idea why this is

very odd, I guess this is solved for the time being but thanks for your help anyway with this and replying quickly  :D  :ph34r: