Why do I have a 'Pentium 4 2.40 GHz 3300MHz'

Go to solution Solved by mikat,

on every wine program i run!? on cine bench i have windows xp and a pentium 4, 2.4GHz and on Aida 64 apparently i have 15 GBs of ram and its not supported by my 'windows xp' and now its not even loading wtf?!

i know its not meant for Linux distros but seriously?

my REAL specs are:

Intel® Core™ i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz × 4

and 2x4 GBs of Kingston ram

xD

now its doing weird stuff to my bios, welp rip aida killed by my system monitor

it's the placeholder cpu wine uses apparently

on every wine program i run!? on cine bench i have windows xp and a pentium 4, 2.4GHz and on Aida 64 apparently i have 15 GBs of ram and its not supported by my 'windows xp' and now its not even loading wtf?!

my REAL specs are:

xD

my REAL specs are:

xD

its because your emulating a pentium 4 on win xp.... they have to emulate something to get WINE to work... oh wait its "not" a emulator...

my REAL specs are:

xD

its because your emulating a pentium 4 on win xp.... they have to emulate something to get WINE to work... oh wait its "not" a emulator...

ah thanks

It is in fact not an emulator, at least not in the sense people usually see an emulator. It's more like a translator. But that's not to say they won't have reimplemented certain API calls to return different things than windows would have. Or it may be a bug!

It is in fact not an emulator, at least not in the sense people usually see an emulator. It's more like a translator. But that's not to say they won't have reimplemented certain API calls to return different things than windows would have. Or it may be a bug!

its still a emulator in the sense that it translates what it does...  Its like saying a xbox one emulator isn't a emulator, because its running on the correct hardware... oh wait maybe it wouldn't be an emulator... I guess its not a emulator....

its still a emulator in the sense that it translates what it does... Its like saying a xbox one emulator isn't a emulator, because its running on the correct hardware... oh wait maybe it wouldn't be an emulator... I guess its not a emulator....

It's not an emulator in the sense that it doesn't have to recreate a different hardware platform in software. x86 Instructions are still x86 instructions and x64 instructions are still x64 instructions. Address ranges, cpu timings, everything CPU-related is still the same. However, if an application uses a specific windows feature, it has to remap that to linux' alternative and translate the result so thebqpplucation understands it.

So it's still an emulator, but much less like what we usually see.

SAEBMLLWWUS instead of WINE?

It's not an emulator in the sense that it doesn't have to recreate a different hardware platform in software. x86 Instructions are still x86 instructions and x64 instructions are still x64 instructions. Address ranges, cpu timings, everything CPU-related is still the same. However, if an application uses a specific windows feature, it has to remap that to linux' alternative and translate the result so thebqpplucation understands it.

So it's still an emulator, but much less like what we usually see.

SAMBULLWWUS instead of WINE?

Yeah I realized that it was still using x64 or x86 instructions thats why I brought up the xbox one... I just couldn't figure out how to English...

Yeah I realized that it was still using x64 or x86 instructions thats why I brought up the xbox one... I just couldn't figure out how to English...

It is pretty vague. We might even go full semantics and have a real eloquent conversation about the etymology of the word "emulate" and whether it fits here. With a glass of wine of course.

nelzya-prosto-tak-vzyat-i-boromir-mem_24

exactly.. you write two sentences and realize they make no sense and instead of deleting it you hit post, because English is hard, and I'm to lazy...