Windows 8 OEM

Arwinnd
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

But I have good news for you!

If you agree to the Personal Usage license agreement of Windows 8, found here: http://www.microsoft.com/oem/en/licensing/sblicensing/Pages/index.aspx#fbid=zI6ThVzo0Aa

You can now transfer your license if you change your motherboard or computer. :D

Hi guys. What does it mean OEM for Windows 8 now? If i buy Windows 8 64 Bit OEM and install it on the PC with one motherboard, and after some time i change motherboard will it be working still with that new motherboard? 

OEM means it can only ever be installed on one single computer.

It can't be installed again on any machine other than the one with that motherboard.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

OEM means it can only ever be installed on one single computer.

It can't be installed again on any machine other than the one with that motherboard.

Also, retail comes with customer support.

OEM is reliant on the system builder.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes, but they don't have box versions so... Please people, if u don't know nothing more then i do, please, don't answer my topics. 

Yes, but they don't have box versions so... Please people, if u don't know nothing more then i do, please, don't answer my topics. 

What? your question has already been answered.

It can't be installed again on any machine with a different motherboard.

So the answer to your question, is no it wont work.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

You're not answering his question, he's asking will it boot up not will it install

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

So... what if u don't know the truth? With windows 7 there were box editions, so u had a choice. Buy box so u can install on other machines and buy oem to install only on one. But i heard about OEM in Windows 8 is different, that is like box edition. So i don't want to listen to that kind of crap. They would do box edition in that case so, you're taking crap. 

You're not answering his question, he's asking will it boot up not will it install

Then no it wont o_o like I already said.

Ok, don't listen to that guy above. In Windows 8 license has changed. U can install WIN8 on other computer if u delete WIN8 from old one. So I wanted only to be sure. But on this forum u can only get wrong answers. 

Why did you ask if you already knew?

And I don't give a crap about windows 8 licenses, no reason to buy windows 8 the way it is over 7 (unless you are putting it on a touchscreen).

If the licenses have changed since windows 7 and everything before it, then that's news to me.

Why did you ask if you already knew?

And I don't give a crap about windows 8 licenses, no reason to buy windows 8 the way it is over 7 (unless you are putting it on a touchscreen).

If the licenses have changed since windows 7 and everything before it, then that's news to me.

As i said before, i asked to be sure.