Time to get an AWESOME headset...

loglog

There's a pair of refurbished AD700x's on amazon for $99 and free shipping. You should pick them up :)

Hope that lasts till my next paycheck comes in.....

Depends I guess, I can't speak for the 558 as I haven't used them personally but I can say some things for audio technica headphones. Firstly I prefer the 700's for gaming, mostly due to comfort, the M50's become really uncomfortable after an hour or two, for me at least. The M50's definitely have better isolation being closed ears whereas the 700's are open, meaning you'll a lot of outside noise gets in. M50's are also a little bass heavy, not really a good or bad thing for gaming imo but just a side note if your using them for music too, with the 558's I believe quite they're quite comfortable, at least from what I've heard. If I were buying headphones for gaming, of those three it'd have to be the 558's or the 700's for me peresonally.

quite helpful, thanks for the insite!

Intel i7-4770k (4.5GHz) | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | EVGA GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB 7200rpm

Corsair H100i (GT ap-15's) 8GB Vengeance PRO 1600mhz | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 800D

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4421769171