Which cherry mx switches should i get?

I'm looking at a keyboard that can either come with blue or brown switches. if I were to get the blue switches and play games would it be bad for the switches and damage them?

I'm looking at a keyboard that can either come with blue or brown switches. if I were to get the blue switches and play games would it be bad for the switches and damage them?

I game on Blue switches just fine.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Blues will survive gaming use just as long as any other mx switch.

As personal preference I switched from blue to brown and it feels better while gaming, especially with prolonged sessions.

i never used blues but i'm using browns. they're quite good with gaming, and typing as well. they're not too loud either but they're not dead silent. 

No... I love blues for gaming. It's just preference.

No... I love blues for gaming. It's just preference.

so if I game with blues it won't damage them?

Gaming is no different than typing, you will be fine.

Personally, I use blues on my office computers, and browns on my gaming computers. Really only because the clicking of the blues can be slightly distracting when gaming at a low volume.

Of course not... They're made for typing. When you game you type. No cherry key would be harmed by gaming.

depends on you man, both switches are great and both are durable, it all comes down to what you prefer, do you want a sorta loud and tactile typing experience (blues) or do you want a toned down sound but still tactile typing experience(browns)

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Mother Board: ASUS P8B75-M LE GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Thermaltake LT-500NL2NL 500W

PERIPHERALS: Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Dell S2340L 60Hz 23.0" Speakers: Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Headphones: Superlux HD 668B

Of course not... They're made for typing. When you game you type. No cherry key would be harmed by gaming.

oh that makes sense now that I think about it xD

oh that makes sense now that I think about it xD

The "reds are for gaming" thing is primarily Corsair marketing. Many people disagree with it. It has some merit, but not enough to say "Go reds for gaming. Period." It's all about personal preference.

The "reds are for gaming" thing is primarily Corsair marketing. Many people disagree with it. It has some merit, but not enough to say "Go reds for gaming. Period." It's all about personal preference

oh, thanks for the help, it means a lot.

All mechanical switches are very heavy duty and satisfying to type on. They have various pressures required to activate them, sounds they make when pressed, and activation heights (how far down you need to push the key for it to register a keypress). There are also sound dampening washers which lessens the keypress noise and reduces the distance you need to push the key for activation to occur.

X is better for Y is all marketing and people just talking out their butts. It all boils down to personal preference. Personally I am a heavy handed typer and as a result I feel most at home on browns. If it makes a huge deal to you I suggest you invest $10 + shipping and get a test board that lets you try out the most popular mx switches and optional o-ring combos:
www.amazon.com/dp/B00E71W4O8

It really depends on what kind of experience you want out of your keyboard if you like a more quiet but still very tactile switch go with browns but if you like the clicky sound that comes with the blues you should go with them, I would go brow because I don't really like the clicky sound that blues have, but as always it's personal preference

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison

It really depends on what kind of experience you want out of your keyboard if you like a more quiet but still very tactile switch go with browns but if you like the clicky sound that comes with the blues you should go with them, I would go brow because I don't really like the clicky sound that blues have, but as always it's personal preference

Another thing to keep in mind is if you will be using voice chat or doing anything involving hearing/being heard while typing. Your team mates may not enjoy the sound of you typing all the time.