XSPC hardline fittings and PETG tubing

I can't find a lot for 14mm fittings and I've spent quite a bit of time exploring my options. 16mm (too big) and 12mm (too thin) as well as 1/2". I'm really liking how these XSPC 14mm compression fittings look, they seem surprisingly secure, please let me know if you've heard otherwise!  Any recommendations for 14mm hardline fittings are appreciated, looking for more than just push fittings though.

Any reason to avoid xspc's PETG tubing? I figured it'd be best to get xspc 14mm tubing since I'm getting xspc fittings but if the bitspower 14mm tubing would be any better I'd gladly spend the extra 1.50$ per meter. 

I'm buying 10 fittings (50$) and 3 meters of tubing (15$-19.50$) so if there is a better route to go that I'm missing, I'm open to advice or suggestions!  Trying to keep it as cheap as possible while not being "cheap" 

Can't wait to hardline this beast!  New EK d5 pump/res and pci-e extensions on the way!

post-196315-0-24130800-1453184477_thumb.

Thanks!

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

-SNIP-

XSPC makes good watercooling equipment while being quite good value, so you can't go wrong. PETG isn't made by them but for all manufacture's sourced and branded under their name so as long as there ins't a major issue with that batch then they should all be good.

I would avoid PETG tubing because it has chemical incompatibilities with many coolants containing glycol. It is more malleable than acrylic making it easier to bend but it is also less transparent. Make sure you do research to make sure the coolant you are using is chemically compatible with PETG, very few coolants are. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

XSPC makes good watercooling equipment while being quite good value, so you can't go wrong. PETG isn't made by them but for all manufacture's sourced and branded under their name so as long as there ins't a major issue with that batch then they should all be good.

Thanks!  I've been using their rads and a bay res/pump and haven't had an issue yet.  I might get 2m of each and see if I can even tell a difference. 

I would avoid PETG tubing because it has chemical incompatibilities with many coolants containing glycol. It is more malleable than acrylic making it easier to bend but it is also less transparent. 

yeah I've been seriously thinking about this for a while. I use aurora 2 which is about 10% Glycerol and 90% distilled, purified water.  I believe where you start running into issues is if you are running something with a high percentage of ethyl glycol which is toxic and not commonly used as far as I can find.  I'm not 100% sure that glycerol wouldn't react if it were in high enough concentrations though.  I can't really find any examples of coolants causing catastrophic failure or really even being an issue but maybe I'm missing them, if you can point some out I'd appreciate it.  I'm not very worried about the transparency since I'm always using colored coolants anyhow.  

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Thanks!  I've been using their rads and a bay res/pump and haven't had an issue yet.  I might get 2m of each and see if I can even tell a difference. 

yeah I've been seriously thinking about this for a while. I use aurora 2 which is about 10% Glycerol and 90% distilled, purified water.  I believe where you start running into issues is if you are running something with a high percentage of ethyl glycol which is toxic and not commonly used as far as I can find.  I'm not 100% sure that glycerol wouldn't react if it were in high enough concentrations though.  I can't really find any examples of coolants causing catastrophic failure or really even being an issue but maybe I'm missing them, if you can point some out I'd appreciate it.  I'm not very worried about the transparency since I'm always using colored coolants anyhow.  

PETG isn't reactive to gylcerin or also know as glycerol used in Mayhems Pastel and X1 lineup, the XT-1 is glycol based however. While it is low concentration of glycol should be ok I would just edge on the cautious side, if you notice discoloring or fogging of the tubing if you do use glycol since it's not recommended.

Check out some of primochill's coolants, they claim to be safe on all plastics and are glycol free. They should have non-reactive fluids since they are one of the biggest distributors of PETG tubing in PC watercooling. http://www.primochill.com/product-category/primochill/fluids/primochill-pure/

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop

Put my order in this morning for the xspc fittings and 4m of petg! I'll probably do a quick (re)build log next week

Order more PETG  :D

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Put my order in this morning for the xspc fittings and 4m of petg! I'll probably do a quick (re)build log next week

I went through 10 tries or so, on some of the bends, so you need a lot extra.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

I would avoid PETG tubing because it has chemical incompatibilities with many coolants containing glycol.

It works perfectly with mayhem premix and pastel.

I can't find a lot for 14mm fittings and I've spent quite a bit of time exploring my options. 16mm (too big) and 12mm (too thin)

12mm looks the best in my opinion. There is not enough pump pressure for 16mm to make a difference other than asthetics.

It works perfectly with mayhem premix and pastel.

12mm looks the best in my opinion. There is not enough pump pressure for 16mm to make a difference other than asthetics.

I was partially afraid of a 1mm wall thickness on 12mm, I'm thinking 14 should be a sweet spot. Only problem I've seen with it is I couldn't find acrylic in that size at the moment (didn't look too hard), hopefully if I decide to do acrylic next time instead, I'll be able to find it in 14mm.

Order more PETG :D

I went through 10 tries or so, on some of the bends, so you need a lot extra.

sure, NOW you guys tell me lol. I was originally thinking 3m but got 4m just in case, now I'm thinking you guys may be right. Crap, I really don't wanna pay another 8$ in shipping. I made a small order of tubing and o rings at performance-pcs.com so I could redo my soft tubing for a new pump, next day decided to change everything to hardline so I've already got extra orders! Haha damn fool.

Think another 2m for 6n total will be enough? Using an atx mid tower (tt v41)

This is how I order my tubing.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N57R828?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

It is a lot easier to ruin hard tubing than soft.   

Every time you make a bend you take a chance.  And if you mess up then what is left may or may not be usable for something else. 

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

This is how I order my tubing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N57R828?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

It is a lot easier to ruin hard tubing than soft.

Every time you make a bend you take a chance. And if you mess up then what is left may or may not be usable for something else.

in hindsight that would've been a good way to go. I'll bite the bullet and order at least another 4m. If I don't use it now I'll use it eventually. I'd be so bummed if I ran short