Unable to remove the 8pin and 6pin connector from my gpu

Arun

i have the XFX DD R9280X GPU, and i was trying to remove the 8pin and 6pin connectors from the gpu and for some reason it wont come out (i  press the small hinge on the connector while removing )

u guys got idea to remove it ?

its too difficult to remove it

You need to pull/wiggle it at the same time. I had the same issue with my MSI cards due to the heat pipes being in the way. I solved that issue by throwing a waterblock on both of them! IF you still cannot get it off then you may need to use a pair of piers wrapped in some cloth to prevent damage.

blackshades on

just use a needle nose to get the torque you need. put some tissue or something like that in the teeth if you want to be more delicate. 

when you pull hard not to hard but also hold the gpu or the area where the pins go in.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

is there a small clip thing holding the cables in that you need to bend back slightly??

Looking for a job

pull and wiggle, just pull and wiggle(whilst holding the clip).

It might claim some skin, but it will come out. Many times have my fingers been left bare fighting with 24-ping MB power cables.

When pulling I usually use my other hand to counteract my pulling force so I dont damage the rest of the GPU.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

I'd also make sure to unplug it from its slot first also, to make sure you don't yank the slot by mistake.