A+ certification

givingtnt

so, I got some free time. and I was wondering, is it worth it ?
what can I gain from this ?
or should I go with something likeMCITP or MCSE if I can ?

thanks !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Almost any computer service job or career requires a+ in most countries.

Even simple jobs like geek squad nowadays require it.

If you're a techy person, and have an interest in computer related fields then it can be a real nice extra on a resume. Some employers will even pay for the test so long as you pass it.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

It's very handy to get the certifications, so I'd say go for it especially if you can get it done through a school for free.

Certifications show your employers that you are willing to put the time in to study for and pass the exams.  They are most advantageous when applying for new jobs -- don't expect to get a raise in your current tech job just because you got a new certification.  They can also make a difference when switching positions within your current company.

I was able to get my current job before I finished the relevant degree, because I already had the CCENT.  I had to get the A+ within 90 days because the company requires it for every position.  But I won't get a raise when I eventually pass the ICND2 to get the CCNA R&S.  I would have to move into a different position for the CCNA R&S to matter.