Need help getting a new sub woofer

Hey guys i don't know that much about sound systems but i want a new sub woofer that is very powerful, can support the 4 speakers i already have, and has a remote to control the volume like i have currently(pictures of 4 speakers i have, sub woofer, and remote below). I tried googling but all the subs i find don't have a remote, need some weird wiring done with the speakers(my speakers have a jack on them not exposed wires), or dont have the holes for 4 speakers. If the sub you find can support more than 4 speakers thats ok. My budget is $200-$300. if you want more info or pictures please don't hesitate to ask.

post-138204-0-18134500-1453149474_thumb.

post-138204-0-61725600-1453149475_thumb.

post-138204-0-03023000-1453149476_thumb.

post-138204-0-52205100-1453149476_thumb.

post-138204-0-04257000-1453149477_thumb.

post-138204-0-58438000-1453149477_thumb.

post-138204-0-28044500-1453149479_thumb.

post-138204-0-60929600-1453149480_thumb.

post-138204-0-52271200-1453149481_thumb.

post-138204-0-28638400-1453149483_thumb.

Sorry, not possible. You can't upgrade that system.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hey guys i don't know that much about sound systems but i want a new sub woofer that is very powerful, can support the 4 speakers i already have, and has a remote to control the volume like i have currently(pictures of 4 speakers i have, sub woofer, and remote below). I tried googling but all the subs i find don't have a remote, need some weird wiring done with the speakers(my speakers have a jack on them not exposed wires), or dont have the holes for 4 speakers. If the sub you find can support more than 4 speakers thats ok. My budget is $200-$300. if you want more info or pictures please don't hesitate to ask.

Wait, why not get a Logitech Z-906?  It's quite fantastic, I have one and I personally love it.  It's a full set of(correct me if I'm wrong) THX certified speakers and cables.  It has a control box, subwoofer and all the speakers one could need.  I just checked you can get one from 299.99 to 399.99 USD.  It has a remote too, but I've probably gone and lost it between the couch cushions again.

"As Individuals we are weak like twigs but when we come together we become a mighty faggot"

Wait, why not get a Logitech Z-906?  It's quite fantastic, I have one and I personally love it.  It's a full set of(correct me if I'm wrong) THX certified speakers and cables.  It has a control box, subwoofer and all the speakers one could need.  I just checked you can get one from 299.99 to 399.99 USD.  It has a remote too, but I've probably gone and lost it between the couch cushions again.

That sounds like a good idea but i feel like my current setup is wasted if i get the z-906. That said if i truly cant upgrade what i have i will look into getting this. How do you like the bass on the z-906? Right now my bass is a bit under powered and i would like to have more bass than i will need.

Sorry, not possible. You can't upgrade that system.

Any reason in particular? I figured it would be as simple as plugging in the speakers to the new sub woofer

Any reason in particular? I figured it would be as simple as plugging in the speakers to the new sub woofer

There are no standards. All propriety, for low end boxed systems. Most subwoofers don't actually drive the speakers.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

There are no standards. All propriety, for low end boxed systems. Most subwoofers don't actually drive the speakers.

well crap i guess i have to get a new system... any recommendations? Thanks for the help btw

I looked into the Z-906 and it looks great but my only concern is that the cables are apparently only 6ft long. I want the speakers to be placed around my room and for that i need at least 20ft for two of the speakers. Any idea how easy it is to put in new speaker wire for the Z-906?

I looked into the Z-906 and it looks great but my only concern is that the cables are apparently only 6ft long. I want the speakers to be placed around my room and for that i need at least 20ft for two of the speakers. Any idea how easy it is to put in new speaker wire for the Z-906?

Really easy, it uses standard speaker wire, just buy a roll of that, you can get like 200ft for 20$ and cut it the length you need

Really easy, it uses standard speaker wire, just buy a roll of that, you can get like 200ft for 20$ and cut it the length you need

Im sorry if this is a dumb question but if i were to get the Z-906 and keep my current setup couldn't I ,in theory, simply have a audio splitter cable so i could plug in both the z-906 and my current setup? My current setup simply plugs in to the green audio port on my pc and im assuming the Z-906 does as well so if i split that port i can use both set ups at the same time?

Im sorry if this is a dumb question but if i were to get the Z-906 and keep my current setup couldn't I ,in theory, simply have a audio splitter cable so i could plug in both the z-906 and my current setup? My current setup simply plugs in to the green audio port on my pc and im assuming the Z-906 does as well so if i split that port i can use both set ups at the same time?

You could,i dont see why you would want to though.

You could,i dont see why you would want to though.

Then i could use both my current subwoofer and the 906 subwoofer. Also i could have more speakers but im not sure if they would be collectively louder than using a single system where the audio would not be split. Or maybe they would be equal... I think i might need to start a new post on this xD

Then i could use both my current subwoofer and the 906 subwoofer. Also i could have more speakers but im not sure if they would be collectively louder than using a single system where the audio would not be split. Or maybe they would be equal... I think i might need to start a new post on this xD

I don't think it would be a good idea

$300? Easy. Get a Dayton Sub-1000 and Micca PB42x. Instant 2.1 setup.

Or, JBL LSR305. No sub, but probably not needed anyway and you get overall higher fidelity.