Would like to get into water cooling...

So I would like to start a water cooled build... but i have no idea where to start. Eventually I would like to go hard line.

What I'm looking for now is to start with the CPU but later expand to my GPU and create a custom loop.

Not sure of all the items I am going to need like fittings resevoirs etc :/

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

start by doing research and watching build logs/tutorials

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you have no idea where to start you are probably better of buying an AIO .

If you have no idea where to start you are probably better of buying an AIO .

That's like telling a building noob to buy a prebuilt. We all have to start somewhere :) 

and that somewhere is usually hours, upon hours, upon hours of research....

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Not sure of all the items I am going to need like fittings resevoirs etc :/

Ok so you are going to need a reservoir, radiator, pump , waterblocks. Each one has minimum of 2 fittings . you can order parts on ekwb.com

You're case can support 3 x 120mm on top so defently take advantage of that. You might want to put one in bottom or pivot as well.

Full cover gpu blocks dosen't exist for you're gpu. Full cover means it cool more units and vram not just the processor. You can use vga universal but i wouldent recommend it.

That's like telling a building noob to buy a prebuilt. We all have to start somewhere :)

and that somewhere is usually hours, upon hours, upon hours of research....

start by doing research and watching build logs/tutorials

Ok so you are going to need a reservoir, radiator, pump , waterblocks. Each one has minimum of 2 fittings . you can order parts on ekwb.com

You're case can support 3 x 120mm on top so defently take advantage of that. You might want to put one in bottom or pivot as well.

Full cover gpu blocks dosen't exist for you're gpu. Full cover means it cool more units and vram not just the processor. You can use vga universal but i wouldent recommend it.

Sorry for the late reply guys, have been completing  an assignment :S

I'm just wanting to start with cooling my CPU, but wanted to have an open loop for possible future upgrades rather than buying a closed loop AIO.

What price would I be looking at, including fittings, pump, block, resevoir etc, for just cooling my CPU?

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Sorry for the late reply guys, have been completing  an assignment :S

I'm just wanting to start with cooling my CPU, but wanted to have an open loop for possible future upgrades rather than buying a closed loop AIO.

What price would I be looking at, including fittings, pump, block, resevoir etc, for just cooling my CPU?

For just a CPU loop you could get started with a kit say from EKWB or an expandable AIO, you are looking at around a starting price of $300 for a proper CPU loop. I suggest the kits from EKWB they are a good base to start off on and pretty good value:

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-kit-l360-r2-0