Why do so many case manufacturers put the front panal ports on the to of the case?

Tac127
Go to solution Solved by Midnitewarrior4,

Question in the title I personally want them to be on the front.

so you can place stuff ontop of the case ? for example you plug in your phone, you can just put your phone on top of the case

Looks

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

Then buy one that has them on the front?  It's easy to just buy the case you want.  This thread is like asking 'Why do potato chip companies sell chips made from potatoes?  I personally want Doritos."  The answer is; 'You have choice, buy Doritos instead and don't worry about the preferences of others."

Then buy one that has them on the front?  It's easy to just buy the case you want.  This thread is like asking 'Why do potato chip companies sell chips made from potatoes?  I personally want Doritos."  The answer is; 'You have choice, buy Doritos instead and don't worry about the preferences of others."

It restricts your option because they don't have a option for both on each case

Question in the title I personally want them to be on the front.

so you can place stuff ontop of the case ? for example you plug in your phone, you can just put your phone on top of the case

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

because most of the time towers sit on the ground, below the desk. so the top is more accessible than the front.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

yeah my case's front panel connectors are placed at the front, not the top. but my pc is on the ground so it's hard to plug stuff in 

because most of the time towers sit on the ground, below the desk. so the top is more accessible than the front.

Exactly. Makes it easy to lean over and plug shit in. Trying to find a front port and stick something in it is a pain.

It restricts your option because they don't have a option for both on each case

And they don't put Doritos inside of potato chip bags! :o

If you want different features or designs, you need to pick different cases.  That's why there are about a bajillion different PC cases out there to pick from.

For preference and taste for the individuals who might be buying them.