MSI x99 Gaming 9 vs MSI x99 Godlike

hi guys,

Trying to decide which would be the better motherboard to get to replace my faulty motherboard.

The Gaming 9 has a onboard x264 encoder and thats the only feature it has that the godlike doesn't have.

The Godlike has Dual Lan would be helpful if someone could explain the use of having two lan ports. It also has better onboard audio and Usb C will this be beneficial in the future. 

Thanks

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

I would get Godlike, because Dual Lan can be used for router, more bandwith, charing one ethernet cable and so on. And USB C will come in handy dandy

to game or not to game, that`s the question

I would get Godlike, because Dual Lan can be used for router, more bandwith, charing one ethernet cable and so on. And USB C will come in handy dandy

Yeah USB C might come in handy in the future if it becomes more common.  I liked the look of the x99 godlike carbon that MSI had at CES but unfortunately it isn't coming out till end of February and I need a replacement now.

Custom PC:

Intel Core i7 5960X GTX1080 Strix | 64gb 2400mhz DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Ram | Samsung S951 256gb M.2 | 4TB WD Blue SSHD | EVGA Supernova G2 1300watt PSU | Acer XB270HU | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB |

Pick the color you want. The on-board recording is 100% worthless.

0) It's unstable, randomly dropping frames on long recordings. (I'd never trust it as it warms up.)

1) The efficiency of the encoding is pitiful & shows heavy artifacting

2) You don't give up PCIe lanes to get it

3) NVEC is much more efficient for a given bitrate and the overhead is almost nothing

4) x264 CPU encoding is insanely more efficient than nvec and especially the on-board recording. Much clearer and because x99 has such strong CPU's encoding 1080p30/60 is generally not very impact in games.

Stick with NVEC or x264 encoding. The on-board is a raw gimmick that doesn't perform at all. (You'll get more detail out of x264's medium preset at 8mb/s or 12mb/s NVEC than you'll get witn the avermedia at 40mb/s. If you're attempting to stream... That on-board is just PITIFUL when constrained to common 2-3.5mb/s most people stream at. Terrible quality!)

Pick the color you want. The on-board recording is 100% worthless.

0) It's unstable, randomly dropping frames on long recordings. (I'd never trust it as it warms up.)

1) The efficiency of the encoding is pitiful & shows heavy artifacting

2) You don't give up PCIe lanes to get it

3) NVEC is much more efficient for a given bitrate and the overhead is almost nothing

4) x264 CPU encoding is insanely more efficient than nvec and especially the on-board recording. Much clearer and because x99 has such strong CPU's encoding 1080p30/60 is generally not very impact in games.

Stick with NVEC or x264 encoding. The on-board is a raw gimmick that doesn't perform at all. (You'll get more detail out of x264's medium preset at 8mb/s or 12mb/s NVEC than you'll get witn the avermedia at 40mb/s. If you're attempting to stream... That on-board is just PITIFUL when constrained to common 2-3.5mb/s most people stream at. Terrible quality!)

yeah I didn't plan to use that feature on that board if I got it I have the 5960X so really no need for extra encoders lol i'm just not sure if the usb C extra lan port and the improved audio chips on the godlike are worthwhile

Custom PC: