Sennheiser HD 518 Review

Once again this is a script from one of my videos. All new reviews will have pictures included in them just a few more review scripts to release. 

The HD 518 are my first time owning a pair of decent headphones in a long time. I had some good wireless ones back about 5 years ago. So how are these compared to them and to my old daily drivers?

Taking a look at the cable I noticed that is was a type that likely would get tangled over time and would be a pain to get straight again. The cable is also not detachable which is a major downside for me as I find it a bit long.The cable terminates in a ¼ inch jack instead of the standard 3.5mm jack which is nice if you have audiophile grade equipment. I do not so I have to use the included adapter.

The headphones are what I would consider on the heavy side of average. Though because of the plush padding on the headband and the ear cups it does not feel too heavy. Speaking of the padding on the ear cups it is non removable which I would have liked to see as the drivers will long outlast the padding and it will suck to have to toss out the headphones because the padding is not what I am willing to wear.

Looking on to the side we see that the headphones are open back design meaning those around you will be able to hear what you are listening to if you have it up too loud. Speaking of sound we have yet to cover how these actually sound which is the most important thing for headphones. These sounds great when compared to others I have tried in this price range. The sound is full and rich with the mid being very clear and the highs being clear as well. The bass is what I would call neutral where there seems to be no EQ adjustments to it compared to others like the beats and bose headphones. In a side by side listening test I could tell a noticeable difference between these and my X12s which were my daily drivers.

The HD 518 would make a great set of daily headphones for anyone and if you want a mic to game with consider getting a mod mic to attach onto the side or a desktop mic.

Looking on to the side we see that the headphones are open back design

You're the one looking at them you plonker, not me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Yeah I saw yours, it is a much better written review than mine is, then again mine was just made as an outline for a video. 

Uh... The cable is detatchable. Twist and pull

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yeah I saw yours, it is a much better written review than mine is, then again mine was just made as an outline for a video. 

oh. k. 

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),