Motherboard upgrade

Hi everyone, now im having a ECS H77H2-EM motherboard with a single GTX 980, and my parents order from amazon UK an used Asus Maximus V Formula, and i have some questions:

Is it worth it if im planning to do SLI in some future?

Because is a used one (in theory), what should i do to check if it works propperly? (pcie usb ...)

Should i use the Clear CMOS button? and if i do it, What should i change in the BIOS?

Thanks to you all :))

Oh, an expensive motherboard is never worth it. You can get cheaper boards with SLI and there is no performance difference.

To test the board, insert ram into all the ram slots and cards into all expansion slots. Clearing CMOS is unnecessary but it won't do any harm. You shouldn't really need to change anything in the bios.

well i have a unused Crosshair V Formula-Z and i like it it can go 3 way SLI but expensive mobos...thoose are for guys who want the best or go for world records. CMOS buton wont do much on a Cross. V Form. Z you have the GO button that automatically detects your hardware and that mast be on ALL the mobos it right next to the 24Pin plug (in my case on AMD boards)

Oh, an expensive motherboard is never worth it. You can get cheaper boards with SLI and there is no performance difference.

To test the board, insert ram into all the ram slots and cards into all expansion slots. Clearing CMOS is unnecessary but it won't do any harm. You shouldn't really need to change anything in the bios.

You are maybe truth but consdering that we are talking about an LGA 1155 socket... thats the only board i can find hahahaha

well i have a unused Crosshair V Formula-Z and i like it it can go 3 way SLI but expensive mobos...thoose are for guys who want the best or go for world records. CMOS buton wont do much on a Cross. V Form. Z you have the GO button that automatically detects your hardware and that mast be on ALL the mobos it right next to the 24Pin plug (in my case on AMD boards)

That magic button detects your hardware and sets the setting to an optimal setup??

Whats the name of that button and where is in my motherboard? XDDDD (i need it)

You are maybe truth but consdering that we are talking about an LGA 1155 socket... thats the only board i can find hahahaha

Fair enough :D

That magic button detects your hardware and sets the setting to an optimal setup??

Whats the name of that button and where is in my motherboard? XDDDD (i need it)

Well xD its somewhere but you are not finding a direct key named one its most like Dramok or somethink like that mostly locate right next to the ram slots (thats where AMD has it idek of intel but it should be located there aswell ro somewhere else ) btw this changes it to the otionall rated speeds you may can see running for example a 2400Mhz ram at 1333Mhz and that needs to fixed in UEFI BIOS as well sometimes the mobo wents creazy and overvolts the CPU REALLY TOO MUCH for (btw thats exactly what hapends when you put a older CPU into a newer mobo for a totaly diferent hardware xD)

ahhh i think thers a Ok memo button, but it only works for the RAM isint it??

I think you mean something that changes all the values for everything, something like the GeForce Esxperience but with hardware and BIOS hahahah

ahhh i think thers a Ok memo button, but it only works for the RAM isint it??

I think you mean something that changes all the values for everything, something like the GeForce Esxperience but with hardware and BIOS hahahah

eaaaahh not a all because it changes even the CPU to its rated speeds but after that YOU NEED to check BIOS seeting do be sure it wont melt anythink works MOSTLY for memory but also sets the CPU to its raterd speeds and the reason why you need to check bios is that because sometimes it does not recognize the hardware verry well for example a guy who had a CPU and a mobo what was THE SAME GENERATION and it just did overvolt the CPU far beyond limits of being save on a frekin intel CPU that hat 6 cores and 12 threads so just be carefull but mostly at 99% of chance this will not gona hapend to you 

Omg :0 and there's no fabric reset button to let it work safe and when i feel confident enough to change something in the BIOS change it